Update to DSRs

For buyers: update to feedback will help us deliver the great service you expect

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201403311621092.html

***Updated: For buyers: update to feedback will help us deliver the great service you expect***     

31 March 2014 | 04:21PM EST

Feedback is key to keeping eBay a trusted marketplace and a great place to buy. When you make a purchase, and then rate your experience in the areas of communication, shipping time, shipping cost, and item description, you're helping your seller and eBay ensure your ongoing satisfaction.

While the current system of anonymous ratings provides sellers a general indication about their service, they need details to address any issues effectively. For example, if a seller's ratings indicate their packages take too long to arrive, it will help them take the right action if they know the issue is with shipments to a specific geographical region.

Sellers will soon be able to get reports that provide this kind of detailed information. Starting in late April, detailed seller ratings will no longer be anonymous. Sellers will be able to run reports telling them which of their transactions received low detailed seller ratings.

With this change, sellers will be able to make much better use of the ratings to continually refine their selling practices and deliver the great service you expect. So please continue to leave ratings and feedback that honestly and fairly reflect your buying experience.

This announcement just shows that even eBay staff do not understand DSRs. There is NO rating for how long a package takes to arrive! The current DSR rating is "How quickly did the seller post the item?" The geographical location of the buyer is irrelevant. If eBay wants the DSRs to be honest and fair then they need to better educate buyers (and their own staff) about the wording of the DSRs.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Update to DSRs

I agree.

We always post on the same day (or next available mail pickup day) we receive cleared payment.

But I think, due to lack of buyer knowledge, we sellers are rated on how long it took to arrive.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Update to DSRs

@clarry100 wrote:

I agree.

We always post on the same day (or next available mail pickup day) we receive cleared payment.

But I think, due to lack of buyer knowledge, we sellers are rated on how long it took to arrive.

No fancy explanations are going to change it either, as in truth that is the only time frame  buyer really cares about. Even then it is only based on perception.

Ratings are about perceptions not measured facts. This why I process Q & S same day even if not posting until the next, it marks it posted straight away and gives a better impression.. Leaving it until you get back from posting, and maybe not until you realize you forgot sometime later, will make it look like slow postage regardless of truth.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Update to DSRs

It marks it as manifested until there is a scan event I think you'll find.

Unless AP has changed it in the last week or so.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply