Upgrade to Store = decrease in views and sales

Good Morning,

I upgraded my account to be a store mid-week and since that time I have had a dramatic increase in views on my items and sales. Although sales can be explained to the fickle nature of ebay I would have expected people to still be seeing my stock.

Anyone had an issue like this before or is it just a co-incidence?

Regards,

Ken.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

rkwm888
Community Member

sales have dropped off but i dont think you are allowed to advertise your items

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

KEN, If you mean decrease instead of increase, buyers have been very fickle in the last few days since the news of ebays hacking scandel leaked out. I didnt sell anything on any of three accounts yesterday which is unheard of for a Saturday.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Ahh, thanks Chameleon,

Makes sense I guess, a little gun shy. 

Cheers Ken.

@chameleon54 wrote:

KEN, If you mean decrease instead of increase, buyers have been very fickle in the last few days since the news of ebays hacking scandel leaked out. I didnt sell anything on any of three accounts yesterday which is unheard of for a Saturday.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@rkwm888 wrote:

Sorry,

I am not sure what you mean?? I am saying that I am not getting views or sales, and of course I want to advertise my items. How else am I going to sell??

Ken.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@bamkapow wrote:

@rkwm888 wrote:

Sorry,

I am not sure what you mean?? I am saying that I am not getting views or sales, and of course I want to advertise my items. How else am I going to sell??

Ken.

Hi Ken, Maybe take a minute to puruse the Discussion Boards Usage Policy which outlines

"Grounds for immediate post/thread removal, board sanction and/or eBay suspension

The following types of postings are cause for immediate post removal, warning, board sanction and/or suspension from the site. Other inappropriate postings not listed below may also warrant removal and/or suspension from the site. eBay reserves the right to remove any post without warning or further notice."

and includes

"Advertising merchandise, listings, services or commercial web sites, including offers to trade, or charitable solicitations."

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@*crikey*mate* wrote:

@bamkapow wrote:

@rkwm888 wrote:

Sorry,

Ken.

Hi Ken, Maybe take a minute to puruse the Discussion Boards Usage Policy which outlines

"Grounds for immediate post/thread removal, board sanction and/or eBay suspension

The following types of postings are cause for immediate post removal, warning, board sanction and/or suspension from the site. Other inappropriate postings not listed below may also warrant removal and/or suspension from the site. eBay reserves the right to remove any post without warning or further notice."

and includes

"Advertising merchandise, listings, services or commercial web sites, including offers to trade, or charitable solicitations."

Hmm,

Ok, so the attrocitty I have performed must be putting my ebay store name in the post. I will remove this, thanks for the heads up. 

Regards,

Ken.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Admins...

I cannot edit my initial post. Could the admins please remove it or remove my store address from the body. I do not want the fact I have my store address causing any issues moving forward.

Cheers, 

Ken.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

You will have to report it to them matey, bottom left hand corner of your post is a "Report Inappropriate Content" link. a pop up box will appear and you get to write in there.

BTW, people can just click on your little red door beside your name and it takes them to your store anyway, so all is not lost

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Thanks *Crikey*Mate*,

Appreciate your time pointing this out to me. Will report it so they can fix it up. 

Cheers,

Ken.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply