Used socks etc

Apparently there is a market on Ebay for unwashed used socks,panties etc etc???

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Used socks etc

Yuck......................................

No they can't be listed and if they are they can be reported and will be withdrawn, and the seller is very likely to get a policy violation.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/used-clothing.html

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

There are lots of sellers and multiple listings!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

All of the listings will have a report button, use that and eBay should remove them - they won't take any action unless a member does make the report.

Like I said ................ yuck.

Spoiler
I don't even want to go and look at them..........................original.gif

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Did that yesterday, still there.
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Are they Chinese registered sellers?

If they are then reporting them to ebay.AU is unlikely to achieve anything.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

well at least one is'nt, the 'well loved' knickers is Australia based

And may I just add,  icky poo

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

If there is ever a market for odd socks, let me know. I'll be in line for a fortune.Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Me Too! The odd sox box has had many variations over the years. All my kids are now adults & only one is living here now. But still the odd socks keep coming! 3 washing machines have died since we moved into this house 26 years ago. A full laundry to wet room renovation finished in June this year. What was under the latest washer? Yet more socks! The washer was only 18 months old! When the kids were young we used to have "sock pairing parties" just the 3 girls, with a prize for the one that paired the most.

I do recall many years ago on a morning show some lady being interviewed about ebay & the staggering amount she had made from used baby & children's socks @ auction! It was basically an ad for Ebay when it was new here in Aust. I'm with the YUK  contingent on this issue- but often wonder if it might be a fun fundraiser fete event where you get everyone to bring in bags of odd socks & give prizes for the  quickest matches & number made!? LOL!

I worked in fundraising for many years & this was the novelty event I'd most like to see! (Closely followed by the men making beds contest - tall blokes do well in the put the doona in the cover) & when I lived rurally; The gumboot throwing contest. Kind of like the Scottish Highland games caber toss (but so wrong!) 

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply