Using cancelled shipping label

This morning I could not print out shipping label for item I sold, so I cancelled it.  Then I tried printing something else and the printer did not work.  I got a new printer and am not sure what to do next.  If I manage to print out the label, when (IF) I manage to set the new printer up, and post it on Monday will that automatically cancel the cancellation?  Or can I get new label with different tracking? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

eBay will take a couple of weeks to cancel a label in order to verify it wasn't actually used, so I think that if it does ultimately get used the cancellation would fail. Normally I'd suggest getting in contact with them and asking how it will work just to make sure, but most reps have little understanding of how things work for things unique to Aus (other countries have label options, but they may not necessarily work the same). 

You can print another label for the same transaction if you would rather do that, the option to print a new label should be within the order history - the original label should get credited within 30 days. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

eBay will take a couple of weeks to cancel a label in order to verify it wasn't actually used, so I think that if it does ultimately get used the cancellation would fail. Normally I'd suggest getting in contact with them and asking how it will work just to make sure, but most reps have little understanding of how things work for things unique to Aus (other countries have label options, but they may not necessarily work the same). 

You can print another label for the same transaction if you would rather do that, the option to print a new label should be within the order history - the original label should get credited within 30 days. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks, now deep breath and pull the printer out of its box.  Tried to read the intructions over lunch; most is in chinese and in pictures that make no sense............  

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Got the printer going and WIFI connected, and YES!!! there is a link in the listing to print a new label.  Just in case it would help to somebody else.  🙂

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

They beauty of modern language. Printers may as well have hieroglyphs on them. On the Epson I used to have it was like Stallone trying to figure out the three seashells.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Make sure you follow up the cancelled postage label, they tell you up to 25 days, but I’ve had to chase them up every time even after waiting 30 days!  For future reference you have 24 hours to reprint a postage label from when you purchased it, after that you have to cancel it within 5 days or after 5 days request a credit.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply