VeRO

I am just wanting to know if there is anyone out there that understands how the VeRO works ??  Has anyone had their

CHANEL bag that they were selling removed because CHANEL reported to ebay it was a fake ??

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: VeRO

It all boils down to IP rights, who owns the brand name not about who can sell it.

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

@covert_shopper5 wrote:

@am*3 wrote:

My point is you need a receipt from an authorised seller (the original purchase receipt)  if you wish to sell second hand - used or unused - designer brands on eBay. That is the proof required the item is genuine not a copy.

No one said you need permission to sell them from the brand owners.

As a seller of these items on another ID for quite some time now I can assure you that is incorrect.

Most counterfeiters are now faking copies of receipts.

You do need to take close up pics of serial numbers, holograms hardware, stitching & Logo. These pics need to be clear.

The serial number of your bag needs to be in the description.

I also keep an up to date list of counterfeit serial numbers which is available easily on google.

You may need to get your item authenticated by an accepted online authenticator, etinceler.com , authenticate4u.com are ones I use, they are excellent. They are also accepted by ebay.

Chanel and LV are probably the most faked of all bag brands therfore a one off Seller of a Chanel bag may have attracted attention.

Lastly please be absolutely certain of your items authenticity prior to listing, just because someone "gave" it to you and said it was doesnt necessarily make it so.

I really wish people who have no idea and have never sold luxury brand name items would refrain from posting misinformation on these forums.

OP best of luck with your Chanel, I hope you can prove its authenticity & you get great money  for it!!  

Smiley Wink

Won't get any better than this - fantastic advice IMO

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Looks they don't need provide evidence, or Ebay don't care what they said is true or not, just remove the list they think problem, without telling seller what the problem is.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Was that the case in 2014, when this thread was current?

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply