Very Harsh transaction defect rate (0.5%) !!

The new seller standard have caused me to lose my top rated status and thus lose my Ebay premium badge stamp on my listings ! This has greatly reduced my sales.

Because we run a physical street store as well as an ebay store sometimes items sell on ebay that have just sold in our street store and we have not had a chance to adjust the quantity on Ebay. So we have to cancel the ebay order due to being 'out of stock' . But the threshhold for top rated seller is only 0.5% meaning we can not cancel more than one transaction in every 200. This is very difficult to achieve even though we are seen as one of the very best service stores in our field. 100% positive feedback..

This costs me alot of sales and ebay will get less from me as well. Tough !!

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Interesting, I had badges here and there and then removed and I literally don't even see the difference in sales at all. I think its just there to make sellers proud of themselves. Break out of that mentality and perhaps you may realise it doesn't do much.

Also why dont you just list the exact stock you have? Wouldn't it be better than canceling orders? Thats what I do all the time (as well as turning on the out ot stock option so I don't lose my listings.)

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

For me so far it has effected sales alot. Maybe that will improve over time but only time will tell. 

We of course ONLY list stock we have on hand but the problem arises if the item sells in our street shop and similtaneously on Ebay.....

Late shipping has a threshold of 5% but in the case of out of stock the threshold is ten times harsher at just 0.5% doesn't seem to make sense....

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Try offering buyers an alternative and ask then if that would suit or would they prefer it if you cancelled the order. ie word it so they ask to canecl the order and then you can select that option rather than go direct to cancel order option.

At the end of the day as far as Ebay is concerned better sellers either send out damaged stock/wrong stock/empty box/"loose" it in the post and fix it later IF buyer complains. Bad sellers are honest and tell buyer upfront they are out of stock or damaged. Go figure..

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

sorry I don't see how it is harsh. You ran out of stock. At the end of the day you know how many items you have in stock so list less on ebay.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

i think the buyer recieving an email saying the item they thought they had bought is "out of stock" is one very unhappy buyer. its happened to me a couple of times and left me feeling cheated by a seller adverising items they didnt have. your story is believable but you have to see it from a buyers perspective. do you mention in your listing the buyer might not get the item as its for sale in a B/M store and nay well sell before you get time to end the listing?

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Try reading the ebay policies, terms and conditions you agreed to when you opened your store. One of those rules is that you should not list anything that is available elsewhere.

As items being out of stock is one of the things that really annoys buyers ebay have quite rightly decided that being out of stock is a very good reason to give a seller a defect, each disappointed buyer is one who may never come back to ebay screwing things up for the rest of us who abide by the rules.

I doubt if you will get any sympathy from either buyers or sellers except of course others like yourself who think the rules don't apply to them..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

I think it is harsh, not so much for having it as a defect but the allowable % is too low, as it is accidental rather than outright bad performance. I had two of these once and they were due to accidental duplicated listings. Dissapointing for buyers yes but hardly a seller who needs to be hit with a hard stick. There are a lot worse things that happen that dont even rate a defect these days.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Yes thats my point . I don't think one error in 200 sales is unreasonable. I have over 1700 items available at this moment.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

You have a B & M store and an ebay store.

Why keep your ebay stock at the store?

If you have items listed on ebay, then keep them at home or somewhere

else besides the B & M

If you need more at the B & M then adjust your ebay stocks and take

them the next day

I really don't see how hard it can be.    Just don't have your ebay stock

at the street store

edit:   mind you, I hadn't looked at what you sell when I typed that reply.

But you get the drift

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply