Want a refund on your Ebay postage labels after 5 days??? Forget it, NO REFUND

ffrokk
Community Member

Doing the right thing and combining postage for buyer after they had paid for first item and postage label printed, won a second item a week later now items won't fit in 3 kg satchel, need 5 kg satchel, no problem or so I thought. Went to get a refund on 3 kg/$14.65 already paid for and "sorry, you have missed the 5 day cut off to get a refund"  according to Ebay customer service

Anyone else had this happen? Not happy Jan, will be pursuing this one

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Want a refund on your Ebay postage labels after 5 days??? Forget it, NO REFUND

And this is another reason paying the % on postage sucks ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Re: Want a refund on your Ebay postage labels after 5 days??? Forget it, NO REFUND

well, it does say this in their terms and conditions of using the postage centre

Good Luck with it.

They offer a five day refund, they are not obligated to offer a refund at all (subject to a cooling off period if applicable) for a change of mind purchase.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Another person complaining about ebay without reading the T&C they agreed too on signing up.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Why would you combine postage if the buyer had already paid for one item? All you need to is specify in your listings that combined discounts are only given on items paid on a single invoice then if they fail to wait until they have finished buying you just send them as individual parcels as if different people have bought them.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Because I'm a nice person I guess, buyer was very pleasant so I didn't feel the need to make it more costly for them when, as I thought I would be able to get a refund. Thanks for the advice. Clearly I need to drink concrete to succeed in this game.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Whats the view like from up there?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

At least now you know. Refunds take 25 days in any case, so I would avoid them if you can. As soon as I've paid for a label as far as I'm concerned item is in the post and its too late.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

If a buyer makes seperate payments and you send together you leave yourself wide open to being scammed as you will have 2 Paypal transactions and only one tracking number. If you are going to combine after one item has been paid for you should refund the first payment and thyen re-issue a combined invoice for all items that are being posted together.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks, thats a good point, will take all that advice on board. To be honest, I think I may go back to Click and send. There are a few features I don't like about it, but this refund thing and the one label to a page ticks me off about ebay labels. Thanks again.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply