Wants to pay a month later

Ebay need to educate members like this.

Edited for obvious reasons.

" hi i put a bid on this item and won the bid.i went to pay for it but it comes up that this item is not available.can u please contact me on ************* thanks. "

My response

"Hi, you purchased this item on the 24th April and it is now the 27th May. That is why it is unavailable"

Needless to say they were sent a reminder before an UPI was opened then closed.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Same situation - different buyer.

Ebay needs to educate/penalise buyers with the same vigour it is educating/penalising sellers!!!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Sheesh, they have chosen to ignore the reminder email, the unpaid case opened email and the unpaid case closed email and then wonder why it is unavailable! Not sure any amount of 'education' would help.

Robot Frustrated

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

it's a sale, take it if you still have the item, if you don't forget it and move on, easy.

A sale in the hand is worth 10 in the bush.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

And that attitude just rewards and promotes poor buyer behaviour.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

If someone wants to give you money, you can say no I don't like your money because of my beliefs in responsible buying or you can drop it, make the sale and take the money. Prior to the first buying attempt you had no sale.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

@misterforgetfulsbooks wrote:

If someone wants to give you money, you can say no I don't like your money because of my beliefs in responsible buying or you can drop it, make the sale and take the money. Prior to the first buying attempt you had no sale.

Palaver - and I am not even sure the seller has to give a reason.

32+ days before buyer attempts to contact seller and pay for item? A bit rich.

I think it is a fair matter-of-fact response from a seller. After all, who is to say that the buyer would not drag

this out again/longer?

"Hi, you purchased this item on the 24th April and it is now the 27th May. That is why it is unavailable"

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Rude buyer unless they had a medical emergency & have been in hospital all that time they really don't have an excuse!!!  

Even if that were the case, someone - friend or family could have made contact with you via contact a member if they didn't have access to the buyers account.

I don't blame you for being annoyed but as said, a sale is a sale these days.

if I were in your shoes & still had the item to sell, I'd put it as a buy it now listing with immediate payment required.

As the fees have increased as well, I'd be increasing the price if I needed to to cover any extra fees it attracts.

That means that if they really want it, they have to pay up front & stops you waiting around for the payment & them just doing the same thing again.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

If I were in the sellers shoes.  That buyer would be on my BBL and would not be able to purchase anything from me again.  IYKWIM

By the way I think the saying goes "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"  Mrforgetful......

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Same situation - different buyer.

Ebay needs to educate/penalise buyers with the same vigour it is educating/penalising sellers!!!

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Sure it's not the same buyer with a new account? Maybe they got too many unpaid strikes so opened a new one.

You're right though, people need to be a bit more educated about these things.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply