Warning!!! Auspost Registered post to US no longer trackable via Auspost or USPS

In case you don't know ..as of 1st october 2015 registered post is no longer being scanned and is untrackable unless you get on a the phone and wait hours... I have been sending items for years this way and have always been able to track them online... Not any more...appalling to think that were one of the most expensive postal countries and we can't make that list So basically the reg post number you pay through the nose for isnt worth the paper its written on

http://faq.usps.com/?articleId=1437076354655

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Warning!!! Auspost Registered post to US no longer trackable via Auspost or USPS

And AustPost wonders why they are losing money - its because their customers are using other companies / courier services that are cheaper and more efficient to do the deliveries.

Message 11 of 15
Latest reply

Re: Warning!!! Auspost Registered post to US no longer trackable via Auspost or USPS

I send a few items to the US as parcels and I also did think why is registered not tracked, you are paying the extact same cost as Pack n track.

It becomes a worry when the buyer does not give any feedback unless you email and ask if item has arrived safe and sound. I've been using both ways of sending parcels and pack n track is a safer option for me. 

Its a disgrace really, lazy of postal services not to simply scan all parcels then uploaded to data base system for tracking. Not hard really.

Message 12 of 15
Latest reply

Ive noticed recently that Registered Post vs Pack & Track, in some instances Registered post is dearer. I only use Pack & Track now due to the tracking requirement of Paypal should a parcel go missing.

Message 13 of 15
Latest reply

Registered post is only has a tracking number for Australia, but not internationally. And what is more, due to the pandemic,  international resgistered post no longer requires a signature on delivery!

Message 14 of 15
Latest reply

Hello! Just as an FYI you've replied to a message and a topic that's almost 5 years old and hasn't seen any updates in that time. There's not really any reason to resurrect such a topic - if you have a query or issue, it's best to start a new topic of your own.

It pays to check the dates of topics if you find them through search results, as information that was once correct years ago might no longer be relevant as prices/policies/procedures change and update.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 15 of 15
Latest reply