Warning - Managed Payments payment of funds declined - eBay unable to rectify

Much has been written about managed payment systems and it was going as expected until my payments started getting declined. 

I had an issue with my Finaincial Institution (Bank) on the night of a transfer  (down for a short time) which I verified with the bank. At the same time another payment was due from the other selling platform beginning with E.  I thought I will wait as it should process the next night. The one from E dropped into my account the next day but not the Ebay Payment - status declined. 

The fun started - 2 lots of chat sessions and two call me back sessions with the same OP.  Still to no avail and the OPS are unable to work out the issue. My account is in good order with no blemishes to cause any issues. 

Still do not have the funds from last Tuesday so they tried to make payment on another lot of payments DECLINED AGAIN.

Hence I have no funds received and the eBay Payments area has no clue why!!!!! They are unable to rectify to get the payment transferred. 

This is not acceptable in my mind given I live in Melbourne with the stage 4 restrictions so no longer working and any type of funds are a welcome sight at this point of time.  The amount is only $1500 but not to be sneezed at. 

I have today lodged a formal complaint on AFCA for (Adyen Australia Pty Ltd) with the hope of resolving  the issue and to retrieve my funds which I believe belong to me!!!  This type of service and issue would not be acceptable with any other organisation. 

At this point of time I am hesitant to list anything on eBay as any sales will be of no benefit if I cannot receive the funds from the sales.

Just a warning for those if you have a payment declined do not assume the payment will automatically re process. 

Don't need this added stress at this time.

By the way not really in favour of this system but was more or less forced onto it!!!!

So frustrating!!!!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Thank you for sharing your experience. I sincerely hope it all works out for you. There have been a lot of complaints about managed payments, which as you say, is "forced" onto us. It should have been made voluntary not compulsory.

My sympathy to all Victorians, I know how tough it must be for you all. Hopefully restrictions will be lifted soon.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

couple for ya is the bank account a personal or business account???    If is business account it should not be getting flagged.   If personal account you may be getting flagged at the bank level on money laudering esp if there huge amounts going in from the same source each day.   I would start with your bank if your account number is right with ebay.    As it your bank knocking the payments back....  

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Have you finally sorted out with ebay? I have the same issue with my ebay account.

My payout was restricted from a month ago and my ebay account is unable to sell now.

I have contacted ebay for a month, but sitll not solved.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

What the problem mate? why's it restricted red banner should tell you why?

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply