Warning about Paypal monthly statement

Just had an scam email saying it was my Palpal monthly statement. Palpal does not send montly statements. It statedt he following

To see the details, simply <Removed> to your PayPal account.

Remember, you don't need to have a balance to use PayPal. When you check out, we'll draw from your selected payment method.

Well of course they would. Do not click on the log in link.

It was to my name and looked authentic but having had a Palpal account for years I knew this was a scam. So be warned and be careful.

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Probably best to remove the link from here as well. (Edit your post)

image host
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@juliejaffa74 wrote:

Just had an scam email saying it was my Palpal monthly statement. Palpal does not send montly statements. It statedt he following

To see the details, simply <Removed> to your PayPal account.

Remember, you don't need to have a balance to use PayPal. When you check out, we'll draw from your selected payment method.

Well of course they would. Do not click on the log in link.

It was to my name and looked authentic but having had a Palpal account for years I knew this was a scam. So be warned and be careful.

I also received that email yesterday, and it was also personally addressed.  At the time I thought - weird, maybe another change or I'm losing the plot - was sure PayPal didn't issue monthly statements - fortunately I didn't click the link. 
Scary though that it's a scam and addresses you by name when that has been the safeguard up until now at least
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I get the Paypal Monthly statement every month and have been for quite some time on my personal account.

I don't get it on my business acount though.

The "login" redirects you to the official Paypal site.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

esayaf
Community Member
Same here, hidi-ho
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

@mbselections00 wrote:

I also received that email yesterday, and it was also personally addressed.  At the time I thought - weird, maybe another change or I'm losing the plot - was sure PayPal didn't issue monthly statements - fortunately I didn't click the link. 
Scary though that it's a scam and addresses you by name when that has been the safeguard up until now at least

Unfortunately it hasn't been a safeguard for years as anytime a member has sold or bought something on

eBay then the seller or buyer has access to their information.

That information is then used by scammers/spammers for phishing Emails.

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Smiley Surprised

How does that saying go - folks are dumb where I come from ?  Lol  Shame on me Smiley Embarassed

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

I get a monthly statement from my UK Paypal account but never so far for my Australian Paypal..

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

It's not a scam it's what paypal are now doing

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I dont get paypal statements but for the last 6months I have been getting lots of strange receipts for payments that are "paypal looking" however contain either an underscore or very slight difference in the email address. They go directly to my junk inbox and I delete without opening them at all.

For a while I was getting loads of invoices sent to me from strange companies I had never done business with. They seemed to have stopped now.

The world is full of scammers you have to be so careful. 

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply