Warning to all High End Sellers !!!!!

With all the new policy in place the scammer have step up the ladder .........

Most are taget the high end sellers ..selling items over $500..

They are paying by paypal tho their address is not Comfirmed......

Once they got the item they apply a chargeback .....

As there address is not comfirmed you not got a leg to stand on.....

Remember to check their address before shipping or posting the item ........

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Can't tell you how paranoid our team meetings have been lately in regards to our exxy items!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Can't tell you how paranoid our team meetings have been lately in regards to our exxy items!

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

It doesn't matter whether a buyers address is confirmed or not as long as a parcel is sent to the address provided on the Paypal payment and a postage method is used which provides Seller Protection.

If you are covered by Paypal Seller Protection then that also covers you for chargebacks.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

What Jens said. Of course a delivery address does not have to be confirmed as a buyer can change the address to whoever or wherever they want in checkout and as long as the item is posted to that address then you are covered against chargebacks if you use suitable tracking. For something of that value I would have used a minimum of SOD and extra insurance. If a courier was used I would make sure it was a fully on line trackable service with proof of delivery provided.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Although I have access to them I'm not really interested in listing any high priced rare vinyl records. I've switched over the cheap under $20 CDs for a while and might stay there until I see how E-bay's 6 month chargeback set up pans out.

The risk/reward just isn't there, even taking all the precautions with post, I still don't trust it. No way I'd list any $500+ items these days.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply