Watchers

hey everyone,

just wondering if there is a chance you can see which buyers are watching your items?

Is that possible.???

cheers

mygifts2u

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Watchers

hey everyone,

just wondering if there is a chance you can see which buyers are watching your items?

Is that possible.???

cheers

mygifts2u

No

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Watchers

No, watching is completely anonymous, probably to avoid unsolicited contact between the seller and watchers. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Watchers

No you cant see who is watching your items (on this site that is)

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Watchers

let me elaborate a little . . . . not all watchers are buyers.  eBayers selling the same items or thinking of selling the same items also watch items.  Some people just like to watch and are not even remotely thinking of buying.  They may just be curious to see the price an auction gets to.

eBay will not divulge the IDs of watchers to sellers as this could lead to unsolicited contact from the seller to another member.  It may lead to sellers contacting watchers with a view to conducting an "off-ebay" transaction, which would deprive eBay of its revenue stream.

As a buyer, I would be concerned if sellers could see my ID if I watched their items.  As a seller, I understand how frustrating it can get having many watchers and no sales or bids, but don't want to have things change.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Watchers

Hi and you all for your  replies. If I was a buyer, I agree but I just thought that I would ask, as I do have a lot ofwatchers on my items.

thanks

mygifts2u

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Watchers

I have a record 5 watchers on one of my items.

As I'm not about to reduce the price, I assume they are either competitors (unlikely given the particular item) or chancers hoping that I will reduce the price, eventually, to something way under market.

Neither is likely to be satisfied. I know the value. As the Aussie dollar (finally) goes down and the availability of a first edition also goes down, my item should become more attractive. And I can list for about 30 years before listing fees significantly affect my profit,

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Watchers

WOW! Takes a brave person to admit that it would take 30 years for listing fees to affect their profit. Nice!

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Watchers

davewil1964,  well I am hoping you aren't in a hurry lol

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Watchers

Movie and mygifts -

I got it for a good price. I didn't know, until it came time to list, what it was worth.

I now know the worth and am not prepared to let it go for much less than that. The price I have it listed for is ballpark; but my item is in better nick than the other ballparks.

I try to buy low and sell high. Doesn't often work, but when it does I'm not going to firesale something that cannot reduce in value.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply