We have ripped off before. let's rip you off a little more

comcol
Community Member

"Dear" Ebay,

Well done Ebay. For once again ripping off sellers on here.

I recall just a short while ago you stating that an increase in fees was to reduce seller costs?? Never figured out hey that worked.

You reduced store fees saying how great that was and just a few weeks later you decide to double them. AGAIN.

Do you ever stop lying to sellers and stating totally false facts about costs and dribbling how you are "helping" sellers?

Your statement releaseed today states "the increase became necessary as the fee changes made earlier this year (most of which were reductions) " SAY WHAT???

Would you mind telling me where there were reductions in anyones fees???? You nearly doubled them up to 7%!!.

Ebay, do you ever tire of lying and treating sellers as though they are morons who cant count??

My fees have gone up a whopping 80% in the last couple of months and now you intend to increase yet again!.

To now sell one item is costing a massive $140 in fees alone. And Ebay calls itself a cheap place to buy items?? I charge far more online then privately now due to the ridiculous fee costs.

Thank you for paying no attention to our complaints Ebay and now delte anything that critisizes you.

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

I find it funny that that they seem to imply that they are doing me a favour with all the new changes. Good one.

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

urbanrose1
Community Member

I hear you, im in the same boat,

last week my charges were $113 and today theyre over $170 , and ive only sold two items since then.

im looking at other ways to sell my stock as its just not worth it anymore on this site, way too expensive..

I hear Etsy is good they only charge 2 or 3 percent max and are growing daily

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

d-i-r-e-c-t-o-r
Community Member

I totally agree with vegacomputers! As if eBay does not make enough money and revenue from all of the sales generated every second. I think small business's and sellers will be forced to sell elsewhere due to the ever increasing fees! ?:|  eBay dosen't seem to realise or care about the effort small business's or sellers spend in sourcing their products or merchandie, taking photo's, typing or designing the adds and basically all the thought gone in to keeping buyers happy!

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

The point is, they want us gone, that is their MO.  They want the huge stores.  They have made it very clear, first time I have seen them upfront about something!

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

eBay have been trying to rid themselves of us smaller sellers for the last few yearsX-(  Because I'm a mean, grumpy, stubborn 'ole bear, I'm staying put]:)

Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

Would you mind telling me where there were reductions in anyones fees????

Yes mine, I used to pay I think it was $99.95 for a featured store, 7.9% fvf, and 40c listing fee.

I now pay for that featured store $49.95 is it?, 7% fvf and 20c listing fee.

So mine are cut quite considerably, its great.

I never really take much notice of what i pay, my things sell here, i can sell here and im happy with that.

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

๐Ÿ™‚

But we still loves you Mrs Bear.:-)

Message 8 of 44
Latest reply

I got that email too and couldnt believe it.

that is why tonight I am closing my store.

I have had enough.

Thats MY MONEY they are holding their hands out for.

I will stick with free listings as I have given enough.

Photobucket
Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

kafav
Community Member

what you talk about, you happy pay those fees,i am single mum before i was pay for store 19.95,they put 24.95,now will be 49.95 also fees pay pal and listing,and i don't sell every day even 5 items,some weeks don't sell at all,if you did pay before 99.95 no way they put down,why they low the fee for listing because they put price for store

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply