We're sorry, there was an error and Having to re-enter Item Specifics again!

Hi, I know that many sellers are having issues with trying to revise and amend listings on their mobile devices. A few days ago I started getting an message , every time I tried to revise a listing, as follows: 'We're sorry, there was an error '.

So I made sure my phone was updated, and I uninstalled the ebay app, re-started my phone and re-installed, however the same error message appears.

I noted that other sellers are having the same issue, so I have reported it to ebay, but I am wondering if any other sellers have also reported it ? I used the live chat.

Also, I have been getting frustrated at having to re-enter previously entered item specifics, after having previously entered them during listing.  Again, I notice that other sellers were complaining about this issue in the community.

I have seen Item Specifics Required Soon, next to a listing in which I entered every relevant specific. I am told that this is due to the recent update in categories, causing item specifics to drop out !!

I  am only selling small amounts but I feel sorry for anyone who has 1000's of items listed.

Again, I have reported this to the ebay customer service team, but it's so frustrating having to re-enter details again.

Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

We're sorry, there was an error and Having to re-enter Item Specifics again!

Generally when you have thousands of listings you have software that handles this.

My listings are template driven and I simply map item specifics to my custom fields.  I updated several thousand listings in a couple of minutes.  It also syncs stock levels, prices and so on.

Ebay is really for larger and more sophisticated sellers or personal sellers moving a small range of items.  In between it's a no man's land.

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply