We received a suspension for communicating contact details with a prospective buyer.

Some buyers wish to look at items before they buy. We allow this. BUT we are not allowed to send contact details eg phone number, address etc. We received a suspension for sending our details.....how can we allow buyers to view prior to buying? Yes, i understand the rules regarding selling outside of Ebay.....I just want to allow my customers to see before they buy.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

We received a suspension for communicating contact details with a prospective buyer.

Thank you my fellow wise friend.

OP - Perhaps just be mindful now and do as I do, just message a phone number and text everything else.

That should see you not getting another violation reprimand.

If any items are offered outside of eBay, sometimes a buyer might report a seller.

image host

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@o-so-happy wrote:
Yes, we did have a warning prior,but did not fully comprehend the seveity of welcoming potential buyers to view items. And you are correct regarding the withdrawn items. The interested parties were able to point out to us problems and a part missing that we did not pick up prior to listing, so the items were removed. This is a coincidence, but how to prove?

Part of the problem, I suspect, would have been the messaging of contact details without a sale having occurred on eBay between yourself and the other member. If a sale has occurred, eBay gets their fees so it doesn't matter.

If items are withdrawn from sale, you could potentially prove that no off-eBay sales occurred by either updating the description with the new information rather than withdrawing the item, and let them end normally, or - if the inspecting buyer actually wants to buy the item, request that they do so via eBay for both your and their account safety.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Have you contacted ebay about this issue?

It seems reasonable that the buyer should ask and you should grant this request.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Members should be able to and are as far as I am aware, to view items before bidding or buying.

I usually just send my mobile number then we text from there on.

Perhaps you have had an unusual number of withdrawn items together with sending private details to many buyers.

I am also a little surprised a suspension was given rather then a warning, unless you have been warned before.

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Your items are still forsale so how have you been suspended?

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

It was for a week before Christmas.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, we did have a warning prior,but did not fully comprehend the seveity of welcoming potential buyers to view items. And you are correct regarding the withdrawn items. The interested parties were able to point out to us problems and a part missing that we did not pick up prior to listing, so the items were removed. This is a coincidence, but how to prove?
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Ebay can be quite obstructive when you question their rules.....havent you ever had an unfair feedback and tried fighting it? lol.....yup ๐Ÿ˜‰
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Members should be able to and are as far as I am aware, to view items before bidding or buying.

I usually just send my mobile number then we text from there on.

Perhaps you have had an unusual number of withdrawn items together with sending private details to many buyers.

I am also a little surprised a suspension was given rather then a warning, unless you have been warned before.

@o-so-happy wrote:

kopes, you are so wise.  

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Thank you my fellow wise friend.

OP - Perhaps just be mindful now and do as I do, just message a phone number and text everything else.

That should see you not getting another violation reprimand.

If any items are offered outside of eBay, sometimes a buyer might report a seller.

image host
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

@o-so-happy wrote:

Part of the problem, I suspect, would have been the messaging of contact details without a sale having occurred on eBay between yourself and the other member. If a sale has occurred, eBay gets their fees so it doesn't matter.

If items are withdrawn from sale, you could potentially prove that no off-eBay sales occurred by either updating the description with the new information rather than withdrawing the item, and let them end normally, or - if the inspecting buyer actually wants to buy the item, request that they do so via eBay for both your and their account safety.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply