Buyer has requested me to send her order to her mothers address.

Hi, I just wanted to check, a lady has asked me to post her order (2 items in one box) to an address that is neither in paypal or ebay.

She gave me to new address via a message.

I am concerned that this might be a problem , as far as seller protection is concerned.

Can any one confirm this for me please?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As the others said, if you send to anything other than the address in PayPal, you lose seller protection. If you're sending as an untracked item it's no issue because you don't have seller protection any way.

If the buyer is insistant, you can offer to cancel the transaction (use the problem with address option) and they rebuy and put in the mothers name and address into the checkout BEFORE paying. They don't need to change their address in PayPal, just in the checkout section when they go to pay. There should be a link under their address showing to change it.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

As far as I am aware, unless it has been changed recently, sellers must send to the address given in paypal to be covered

as I say, it may have changed

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

You're correct enigma, for seller protection the item must be sent to the Paypal address.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

As the others said, if you send to anything other than the address in PayPal, you lose seller protection. If you're sending as an untracked item it's no issue because you don't have seller protection any way.

If the buyer is insistant, you can offer to cancel the transaction (use the problem with address option) and they rebuy and put in the mothers name and address into the checkout BEFORE paying. They don't need to change their address in PayPal, just in the checkout section when they go to pay. There should be a link under their address showing to change it.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@collectorinreverse wrote:

Hi, I just wanted to check, a lady has asked me to post her order (2 items in one box) to an address that is neither in paypal or ebay.

She gave me to new address via a message.

I am concerned that this might be a problem , as far as seller protection is concerned.

Can any one confirm this for me please?

Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

It happens ......regularly. ......................I just send to the adress in the message and hope for the best. So far the only time I have had a problem is once when I forgot the message and sent to the address in order details. The buyer had moved and forgot to update address details. Caused a few headaches, but we got it sorted in the end. 

Most of your items are not expensive. Can you afford to lose the order if it all goes wrong ? If it is not a biggy for you it may be easier to just send to the address in message and hope for the best. BUT you will not have seller protection if you do this. As I say I often send items to addresses in messages ( including one this week ) and have never had a problem.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you very much, you have been very helpful. I appreciate your time.

Cheers

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply