Weird?

I accepted an offer for my camera and the next day got a message from the buyer saying: “Thanks for accepting my offer, I will be processing payment as soon as I get a response from you to this, can you please confirm that everything is excellent working order and no issues or faults?”
Shouldn’t he have asked all this before submitting an offer? Something smells fishy. He hasn’t signed with his name or anything. He has no feedback at all.
Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Weird?

Just go with it - reassure him about condition.    Only reply through ebay.     Wait and see.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Weird?

I did. I told him everything is perfectly fine. And I asked his name and address for postage (more to see if he’s legit) and no response yet.
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Weird?

If he pays, ebay will give you his name and postage details.  

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Weird?

@twilight-valley wrote:
 Something smells fishy. He hasn’t signed with his name or anything.

Most people who send me questions on our items, never sign their name, and they are all legit,  it must be a strange Ebay user thing.  Don't assume that make it an issue.  Also even if ihey did sign a name, you have no idea if it is legit.  Signed Peter (or is that Fred)

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Weird?

I know. I can already see it. But I just found way back in his feedback history a negative that says he never communicates and the person had to open a case.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Weird?

Yes but he’s already bought it.
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Weird?

Bought but not paid for yet?   Wait for the payment email from ebay.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Weird?

You asked:   Shouldn’t he have asked all this before submitting an offer?

Absolutely!  By submitting an offer, he has committed to buying, if you accept that offer.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Weird?

I sometimes get buyers like this who just need some reassurance. Many text messages are just fired off very casually- I sometimes have to role play it as a friendly but brief Aussie conversation! To me they sound like they have some doubts - quite normal if they haven't bought online a lot - or it might just be their style. 

As another person said - just go with it. If you have described it accurately you won't have any problems.

I believe there are seller protection rules you can read. I've never needed them. The odd few problems I've had I just go straight to Ebay direcctly via phone or chat now during Covid and I have alwys been supported fortunately so far.....

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply