What I am to do in this situation?

Hi all

On 23rd May customer received an item and started a return as "change of mind". It was auto-approved by eBay.

Today I received an e-mail from customer saying item has arrived to our PO box yesterday (30th May) and asked me to pick it up and process refund asap. No problem, I was planning to do so tonight. (I just picked it up and item is OK, no problem with customer). Sounds like an ordinary day

Now, interesting parts starts.

Soon after that e-mail, I received one from eBay about case being opened. Looking at the case, there is no reason specified and I am not able to respond as it is being reviewed by eBay. Ten minutes later case is closed, resolved in customer favor.

I did ask customer and she said she never opened a case. Strange, so i contacted the e-Bay cusrious what is happening. After all, I have 3 business day to issue a refund on a return. It only "arrived" yesterday, so I should be OK processing it today.

Representative was either unable to comprehend the situation or was actively unwilling to do anything

eBay told me

- Customer opened the case (wrong, she did not!)

- Case was opened on 23rd May (wrong -- return was on 23rd May, case was opened today and my seller dashboard says same)

- I did not "made it right"  (what was I supposed to do? Nnd I was not even given a chance to do anything about it)

Now, when seller does a refund, eBay refunds seller fees. When case is closed in this manner, eBay is NOT refunding the fees. That whole thing makes me think there is a deliberate plot on eBay side to "steal" the money from sellers. 

Any suggestions on what to do or any thoughts are appreciated. Item was $60, so fees are around $10, but this is matter of principle.

Thanks,

Rudolf

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Untick the option for auto-refunds for a start.

If it was automatic, you authorised it. After that, you can negotiate with buyers on an individual basis.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

As I said -- I have no problem with buyer.

I have a problem where eBay opened the case on its own, closed it right away, thus denying me a chance to refund myself and keeping the seller fees which it would otherwise refund.

Rudolf

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Just to let everyone know -- problem is resolved now.

I had a call from eBay representative this morning. Once we went through details, he admitted this is technical problem on eBay side. Case should not be created and should not be resolved in this manner.

Refund on seller fees was provided. Whether "technical issue" will be fixed remains to be seen

Rudolf

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Excellent news. Glad you got your refund!

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

another glitch?? Happy for you.....

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

The customer opened the case not eBay, they contacted customer service to get a refund, customer service escalated the case as tracking shows delivery. You can turn off auto returns,

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply