What beeps me off is EBAY charges on shipping

No othe auction house will charge shipping fee on top of the shipping charges.

Shipping is not part of the final sale price!

Buyers complain about excessive shipping charges as it is.

EBAY is digging its way deeper into becomming the obsolete Trading Post  - Anyone remember that?

The problem is : Lack of competition. If you run a monopoly you can charge whatever you want. and bump up the prices using any dump excuse.

Gumtree is owned by ebay : for those who did not know that!

Check this one out. This is ebay version in Europe. "Allegro"

The fees are explained in Polish I think but you can see the figures.

Fees are Much much lower than EBAY. !!!!!!

http://pomoc.allegro.pl/artykul/25229/cennik-ile-kosztuje-korzystanie-z-allegro

Ebay , you just want to charge same fees as any auction house?

Than get a warehouse, employ poeple to handle the goods in and out, hire professional auctioneers, include all the overheads that auction houses have to deal with and than you can charge fees of 10-20%..  However still no fees on top of shipping charges, as the shipping in auction houses are arranged by the buyer, not the auction house..

EBAY  STOP DOUBLE DIPPING!!! 

Totally unaustralian ,,  But you are not Australian.. USA rather.

Ohh well... Than means you can screw the world and get away with it..  

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: What beeps me off is EBAY charges on shipping

lol DG thats for sure.

I still complain about the eBay move in Oz to buy-it-nows and the dramatic hike in auction fees that decimated my market strategy and selling returns when introduced that was well over a year ago, and the pain is still keenly felt.

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Ohh, dear

Thanks everyone who posted reply's to this thread.

Everyone is entitled to a personal view on enything. Everyone lives in different world and all are humans. (somone is going to take this as an opener to a joke!).

Question is :

Is there any other online auction house beside Ebay in Australia? 

Forget Gumtree  - (owned and marketed by EBAY) - I get not much success there.

AS For ACCC Complain  - They need to be lobbied - it is just another political arm .

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

I'm sick and tired of all these crazy charges, especially the one on shipping so I will be closing my account after several years.... just had enough.....

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Sadly any chance of stopping the FVF on postage ended in May 2014

There were numerous threads and posts, on many boards and we even had a petition going, along the same lines as the petition we have going now against paypals witholding of funds -

http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/21-DAY-HOLD-FINANCIAL-SERVICE-OMBUDSMAN-WANTS-TO-HEAR-FROM-Y...

sadly, not enough visit the boards and even less sellers keep themselves apprised of eBay's many  changes to the rules so it all comes down to way too little, way to late to actually do any good.

Click on the current link and see if we cant make a difference for a change.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Hi,

there is Quicksales free to list low fees nice site , unfortunately hardly promoted so hence most sellers call it Slowsales, so no competion for Feebay, hopefully Amozon Australia will allow Aussie sellers to list there down the track, heard there fees are higher but attracts a lot of traffic.

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply