What do you think of "Getting paid on eBay has changed"?

I received the "Getting paid on eBay has changed" email and after searcing the threads I discovered that ebays new selling fees will be  13.4% plus $0.30 per order.   

It seems to me that the main reason for the change is pure greed, the other reason is that ebay will receive payment of their fees immediately.

They say "You'll no longer have to pay Paypal payment processing fees" but we will be paying, to ebay instead of Paypal.

We will pay 0.1% less in selling fees but will have to wait up to 2 days for payment and no longer have the choice and protection of Paypal.

They are forcing us to provide personal and financial information to make this change or else they will disable new listings!!

I personally think I will be selling a lot more on Facebook Marketplace now.  My sales have done quite well and it is free.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

What PayPal protection do you currently have as a seller?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

You would have provided a whole lot of financial information to Paypal somewhere along the line to become verified.

I remember having to give PP my identifying documents years ago and my bank account is linked for deposits.

The new payment processor is Adyen, not Ebay.

Adyen is regulated and therefore is required to ask you for certain information, in the same way that PP did.

I have found that my fee percentage has pretty much stayed the same and I've been on the new system since July last year (13%).

My payments are set to once a week and like clockwork it appears in my account.

Of course you are welcome to sell on any platform you like, but only Ebay has the reach Australia wide.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I have seller protection with PayPal 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

@instylecollectables wrote:

What type of "seller protection"?

What does it cover?

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

@instylecollectables wrote:

What type of "seller protection"?

What does it cover?

Well it covers proof of shipment which I always post with tracking anyway so if a buyer decides to open item not received claim then I'm protected and I'm sure you already know all this but you're just having a bit of fun with me haha.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

This is Managed Payments and it's been happening for well on one year... the latest eBay email to sellers which we also received, did not have one reference to 'Managed Payments'. Funny that ?

You need to go here and get up to speed:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/the-roll-out-of-ebay-managed-payments/td-p/2313553
Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

go read the pay pal seller protection terms. It covers a seller for a lot more than ebays Managed Payments

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

they are sending emails out as we just got one re managed payments only a couple days ago and trying to force us across to them. Again we get out of them via a loop hole in the way our business is set up. Waits for rd 3

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

@silver-fox-bullion wrote:

they are sending emails out as we just got one re managed payments only a couple days ago and trying to force us across to them. Again we get out of them via a loop hole in the way our business is set up. Waits for rd 3

You sell coins and coins are so far on the restricted list and I sell items that are on the restricted list so are you at all worried that you may not be allowed to sell at all on ebay? 

I was told that if I didn't register by 1/3/21 that my selling will be restricted and who knows what that might mean perhaps a limit of items or no items at all.

I'm still worried as it's nearly the 1/3/21 and I haven't been given any indication yet.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply