What does everyone think of my new store photos? It is hard to get the light right.

6 REPLIES 6

What does everyone think of my new store photos? It is hard to get the light right.

I can see the product details clearly in each, the background is good, but in terms of the contrast between background and logo, picture two is the best.

I can read the logo clearly. In pics 1 and 3, I can't read it all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

@erg-auto-electrical-wholesalers wrote:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Replacing-Alternator-Chrome-Delco-Remy-Chevrolet-Holden-12V-100A-/2623432...

Pictures look good mate, we can't see some of the other responders pictures because they choose to hide behind a secret i.d

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Ok you mean logo as in watermark?

it is the ebay generated one.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

The first 2 are fine (except for depth of field isssues) but you haven't handled the reflection problem in shot #3 (rear).

You should have a look at getting yourself a large light tent and 2 or 3 continuous lights with stands to address this.

As for the depth of field issue, use a smaller f stop (f8, f11 or f16) and a longer exposure time (I assume you have a tripod)

Apart from that, the watermark cannot be easily read in any of the shots and is also incomplete (ditch the "whol" and choose a better stroke and fill).

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

As I mentioned to you before - ebay now require either MPN or UPC's for items listed on ebay. You will need to provide that information otherwise when you GTC listings are due to be automatically relisted by ebay they won't be relisted - they will be removed from ebay and sent to your unsold items folder.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@smelly_bum_bum wrote:

Ok you mean logo as in watermark?

it is the ebay generated one.

OK. Yes, that is what I meant. It's not showing up well except the one pic. Too close to background colour.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply