What happened to my $60?

Hi sold some shoes last year, 2 identical pairs other than colour, after the fees and wotnot i should of recieved $275 per pair.

I did receive that much that much for the 2nd pair, but $60 just vanished from the sale from 1st sale with no explanation..

There were "deadstock" yes new but 6 yrs old from when i bought them, i think i have my store set to sole trader, no mention of tax or anything like that and i didn't have a printer ready and cancelled the first postal slip.

So i got charged for the postal slip, and i haven't seen a refund, so $75 in the hole to sell these shoes, I also had to buy a printer to print out the postal slips +$45 to the situation.

After all this and all the fees i ultimately made a whole $15 per pair, for $640 worth of shoes that no one else on earth had new.

I'm selling things to pay rent and food, how did i get my $60 back??

I wanted to run a store and this just killed all motivation to use ebay for selling at all.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

What happened to my $60?

sorry for the grammatical errors

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

What happened to my $60?

Last year, and you are only just looking for it now,  hardly in desperate need.  Did you actually cancel the postage label, or did you just not print it.

And seriously you are complaining about the cost of having to buy a printer, thats hardly an Ebay issue.  

Do yourself a favour and don't sell on Ebay, if you don't know the basics of doing business.

PS.  most likely to late to claim any refund if you have let it drag on so long.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

What happened to my $60?

Hardly in desperate need? **bleep** would you know about my situation? I'm chronic ADHD and Bi-polar, sorting out these listings and everything right was a mammoth effort only to get kicked in the balls by ebay by pulling out $60 from the pathetic amount of profit.

I sell things on FB marketplace when i have to, when i'm sick of eating rice for a week straight so my dogs get decent food.

I haven't paid my power bill in months so that is racking up, I can't pay my rent properly because they want to evict me and priced the rent up to the point where i can't pay rent and buy food, So that s also racking up, never mind the fact there is NOWHERE to even rent anymore.

You're a nobody around here a "forum botherer" that sells junk that nobody wants.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

What happened to my $60?

any Ebay employees watching forums want to start some dialogue about my money? before i contact the Department of Fair Trading, I'm not jumping through your hoops to get my money, you can deal with them. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

What happened to my $60?

Nobody from eBay reads or responds to board posts.

You could always limit yourself to one dog, that would cut your expenses.

You are unlikely to get much help from the board, given you wish to attack people rather than read and understand how eBay selling works, including time limits.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

What happened to my $60?

Or cut down on the amount paid for shoes. 😀

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

What happened to my $60?

My guess is the $60 odd dollars missing would be eBay fees which is around 13% stores.  If you check the Payments tab under Overview page for each of those sales, any deducted amounts (generally fees) would be visible on that page,

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

What happened to my $60?

thanks for the help

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

What happened to my $60?

You might need to sit down and write a list of the sales price, the fees and what exactly was paid into your account.

Then what you think is missing.

You can contact ebay chat and maybe work through it as you say you ultimately received only $15 profit per pair.

If the shoes sold for $640 & you were supposed to receive (after fees) $275 per pair from ebay, then that is a lot more than $15 per pair. Even if you only received payment for one pair, that's still a lot more than $15 per pair. So I'm not getting the maths but maybe I have missed something.

The purchase of a printer can't be brought into the equation. It will probably prove useful to you in the future anyway.

About some of the other things going on in your life. I don't know if this still applies but I know in the past, if you were in hardship, you could actually get one utility bill waived.  It won't happen every year, I think it is a one off, but worth checking if it can be applied at the moment.

I am not sure where you live but I know that in Melbourne (and I assume most other state cities) there are several places set up for those in need to receive food, clothes etc.

If you live in SE Melbourne, message me and I'll privately send you the address of a couple of places as I have a friend who volunteers. They have a lot of people who turn up weekly to select some of the food available.

It could help you get over a difficult patch.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply