What happens if I don't update "Required Product Identifiers"?

Will eBay remove my listing? I have like 100,000 listings to manually revise and doing them all manually is going to be a pain in the bum really..

Would like to pass on it if I can. Otherwise... i got a long weekend ahead of me

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

As I understand it current GTC listing don't need to be updated with the extra information.

If you revise a listing (with more quantity for example) it might be required, up until last week I didn't need anything new when revising but do now and blocks the listing from updating/submitting until the information is there.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I love the way my auto-relists are threatening to fall off before exhausted because eBay can't transfer the (almost always) supplied ISBN-10 or -13 to the 'new' ISBN field.

They don't actually fall off, but they would if I didn't edit them prior. A lot of wasted time to move something from one identified field to another identified field with the same parameters.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@ourphonecase wrote:

Will eBay remove my listing? I have like 100,000 listings to manually revise and doing them all manually is going to be a pain in the bum really..

Would like to pass on it if I can. Otherwise... i got a long weekend ahead of me

I sell new and used skiwear and currently have about 250 listings and have been carrying a warning that 14 of the new items needed UPC/MPN's/Product ids etc - all of which I happily ignored because of those items that had some sort of number somewhere, every time I entered said number I copped some sort of "invalid" message.

Earlier this week eBay sent me 2 emails informing me of the new policy re product ID's and my need to comply blah blah blah..... These I also ignored.

Today they phoned me about the issue. I asked the nice Phillipina lady to explain in simple terms the difference between UPC/bar codes/MPN's/Product Identifiers and she pointed out that firstly, MPN's really only apply to technical/electronic type items. I said I sell mainly clothing, and she said I didn't need to do it for clothing (why am I getting a warning then?), except for shoes. I have one pair of snow boots that have attracted a warning, and I imported them from our Asian neighbours, and although they have tags - it's all in Chinese except for 1 number which I'm pretty sure is a phone number for the factory. She said "Just mark them as does not apply".

I then mentioned the MPN warnings that I was getting for a few pairs of ski goggles (again from our Asian neighbours with no tags or numbers). She said "Just mark them as "Does not apply" too.

My clothing items are new items with either no tags or no numbers. You guessed it - just mark them as "Does not apply" too.

So, I said, "Do I just go through my list of 14 items with little orange flags, and amend them all to "Does not apply?"

"Yes" she said.

Ever willing to co-operate, I said "I'll do that then".

She then asked me very nicely if I would mind answering a few survey questions. "OK" I said. The first question was "Do you now understand eBay's new Product Identification Policy and will you be able to comply in the future?"

Given that I was sent 14 warnings about my listings, 2 emails and a phone call - the upshot of which was just to mark them all "Does not Apply", I was sorely tempted to answer truthfully.

But she was a nice lady, doing her best and I am sure she had probably already been told, and will be again....

I'm now having a very nice galss of a particularly drinkable red, and trying very hard not to think about the 40 minutes it took me to mark my listings "Does not Apply"

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

As if there is a difference between leaving it blank and entering does not apply

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I had a lot of neoprene stubbie holder and stuff that doesn't have any barcode but because a lot of my stuff has motorcycle or biker in the title they were flagged. I have had to go though and make them all does not apply I also asked ebay if they were going to make a bulk edit in turbo lister so we don't have to keep on editing each listing after it was uploaded. "Oh we haven't got plans for that."
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply