What happens to existing listings when I open a store?

I am heading off in early December on my first ever cruise and rather than end all my listings and waste the free relists etc, I thought this might be a good time to trial having a store, that way I can do the vacation thing instead.  Can anyone tell me what happens when I open a store:

• Will my existing listings be affected, ie. will they end or just carry on as usual?
  • Will BN items automatically be added to the store or will I need to add them manually?
  • What happens to auction listings, do they go into the store as well?
  • If I set up the vacation thing I understand it can display a message on all my listings explaining my absence and giving dates for return etc.  Will this only appear on BN listings, or does it show on auctions as well?
  • Is there a best time of month to open a store?
  • In anticipation of the Christmas rush (tongue in cheek) should I open the store now rather than wait?

Appreciate any assistance on this one.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

personally I would not open a store just to put it on holiday mode, many buyers do NOT read the holiday notice and get totally **** off when you do not post the next day because you are 'on a cruise'

myself, I would go away enjoy my holiday and come back refreshed and ready to take on a Store and more eBaying....

enjoy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks putney, I'll give that some thought, although I have been considering opening a store for a while as I seem to be listing less and less at auction.

Would still love some answers to the questions though, if anyone can help, I had stopped selling onEbay for several yeas and only returned to it in March so everything has changed since I last had a store here.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

@pennyforum14 wrote:

I am heading off in early December on my first ever cruise and rather than end all my listings and waste the free relists etc, I thought this might be a good time to trial having a store, that way I can do the vacation thing instead.  Can anyone tell me what happens when I open a store:

• Will my existing listings be affected, ie. will they end or just carry on as usual?
  • Will BN items automatically be added to the store or will I need to add them manually?
  • What happens to auction listings, do they go into the store as well?
  • If I set up the vacation thing I understand it can display a message on all my listings explaining my absence and giving dates for return etc.  Will this only appear on BN listings, or does it show on auctions as well?
  • Is there a best time of month to open a store?
  • In anticipation of the Christmas rush (tongue in cheek) should I open the store now rather than wait?

Appreciate any assistance on this one.

When you open a store all of your current listings will be added to your store. There is usually a delay in them showing up when you click on your store, sometimes up to a day.

If you turn your store Holiday settings on you have the option to either leave listings visible or have them hidden. If they are visible a small message is displayed at the top of the listing to say that the store is closed and the date you'll re-open. I would not recommend leaving listings visible if you are going to be away for more than a couple of days as a lot of buyers miss seeing the holiday message.

When your store is in Holiday mode you still pay store fees as usual and you are charged insertion fees on any BIN listings that rollover during that time (or they count towards your free listing allocation) regardless of whether your listings are visible or hidden.

You can open a store at any time. When you first open you are charged a pro-rata amount to the end of the first eBay billing month (either mid-month or end of month) plus one full month.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I recently went on holiday and put a big red notice on the top of my listings that I would be unable to post between certain dates. I only had one person ask about when I was posting then apologized when she did finally see my message. I also had an auto message sent to anyone who messaged me that I was away. I did not have grief from this and I was away for about 3 weeks.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply