What is the best duration for auction, not in a store? Please give your thoughts.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

What is the best duration for auction, not in a store? Please give your thoughts.

Anonymous
Not applicable
i always did 10 days
maximum exposure
i got better results from auctions doing 10 rather than 7, but i always timed it so my auctions would end Sunday evening
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Yes, when it ends matters too.

do not end auctions on a Friday afternoon to evening, as eBay has maintenance every Friday and it can cause glitches...such as not being able to log in.

A lot of bidders like to place their maximum bid in the closing minutes of an auction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Think 10 days is best - that gets views over two weekends.

Agree that when an auction ends, can play a crucial part in getting a good result.

Late evening ends work for me - when the most west and east state dwellers are likely to be at home sitting at their computers.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I never use 10 days for auctions, usually 7 and sometimes 5. A lot of buyers search by ending soonest and it takes far to long for a 10 day auction to climb up the order. I do use 10 days for BIN with Best Offer.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If sales and the general economy are slow I do 7-10 day auctions as I figure if people are not spending the time on the computer this gives me maximum chance to attract shy bidders. The flipside of this is auctions tend to loose the sizzle the longer they go. If things are OK and sales are ticking along nicely I do five day auctions as I think this holds the buyers attention better and gets snappier last minute bids etc. I also try to end auctions on a Sunday or Monday late morning. ( people seem to check their ebay accounts at work Monday mornings )  Never Friday & preferably not Saturday.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply