What is the protocol when you sell concert tickets and the concert is cancelled.

What is the protocol when selling concert tickets if the concert is cancelled?
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What is the protocol when you sell concert tickets and the concert is cancelled.

You may not even need the actual tickets to be sent back to you.

This is from Ticketmaster

My event has been cancelled - how do I get a refund

When a promoter advises us that an event is cancelled Ticketmaster will make every attempt to contact patrons directly and notify them of the cancellation and the refund procedure.

For cancelled events purchases made either online or via our Contact Centre are automatically refunded to the credit card used to purchase the tickets. This usually occurs within a week of the event being cancelled. If that card is no longer valid, the refund will be processed by cheque. In this case we will confirm a suitable mailing address with you.

If the credit card used in the purchase is no longer valid please follow the "Contact Us" link above, complete the enquiry form and one of our representatives will arrange for an alternate method of providing a refund.

If your tickets were purchased through a Ticketmaster Outlet you will need to return your tickets to that outlet to obtain a refund.

Some events will have different refund policies to that listed above, in these instances customers will be advised accordingly.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_i_help

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I guess it would be pointless trying to sell them as there would be no concert to go to. If they are your tickets you were planning on selling and the concert has been cancelled, you should be able to get a refund from whoever issued the tickets.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

If you're talking about the Sam Smith Tour, then I should imagine

it will be the buyers headache now.     You were not to know.

http://themusic.com.au/news/all/2015/04/28/sam-smith-cancels-remaining-australia-shows/

Ticket holders through Ticketek and Ticketmaster will be offered a first purchase option for the new shows and refunds can be obtained through point of purchase.

Too slow again, I see

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

I sold tickets and the concert was cancelled, buyer wants full refund.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I am pretty sure as they have the tickets it's up to them to try and claim a refund, although buying through ebay I would say that won't be easy. It's not up to you to refund them though.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

I agree with what Harley said, it's up to the buyer to claim the refund through whichever ticket agency they were purchased from originally. If they try to open a not as described dispute you should win the case as the tickets were still valid when they were purchased and when the buyer received them. It's not your fault it was cancelled at the last minute, for whatever the reason.

I would tell the buyer to take the tickets to the ticket outlet. If the original purchase price was less, they won't get the amount they paid, but again, that's not your fault. They opted to spend that amount and took the risk of buying them on eBay.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I would say the buyer needs to return the tickets to you so you (the original purchaser) can get a refund from whoever issued them.

Most likely the cost of the tickets will be refunded back to the method of payment (your credit/debit card?) that you used to pay for them originally.

As soon as you receive the tickets back, refund the buyer. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

You may not even need the actual tickets to be sent back to you.

This is from Ticketmaster

My event has been cancelled - how do I get a refund

When a promoter advises us that an event is cancelled Ticketmaster will make every attempt to contact patrons directly and notify them of the cancellation and the refund procedure.

For cancelled events purchases made either online or via our Contact Centre are automatically refunded to the credit card used to purchase the tickets. This usually occurs within a week of the event being cancelled. If that card is no longer valid, the refund will be processed by cheque. In this case we will confirm a suitable mailing address with you.

If the credit card used in the purchase is no longer valid please follow the "Contact Us" link above, complete the enquiry form and one of our representatives will arrange for an alternate method of providing a refund.

If your tickets were purchased through a Ticketmaster Outlet you will need to return your tickets to that outlet to obtain a refund.

Some events will have different refund policies to that listed above, in these instances customers will be advised accordingly.

http://www.ticketmaster.com.au/h/help.html?tm_link=tm_i_help

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

eBay - Event ticket resale policy

If you bought a ticket to an event and

• The event was cancelled: Contact your seller for more information about what to do next.

• The event was postponed: Wait for rescheduling information. Make sure you keep your tickets. Your original tickets will still be good for the new date.

If you sold a ticket to an event and

• The event was cancelled: In some cases, you can get a refund from the ticket outlet automatically. In other cases, you may have to return the tickets. Please refund your buyer(s) and ask that they return the tickets to you.

• The event was postponed: If a buyer opens a case for a ticket refund, we encourage you to work with the buyer to resolve the issue. If the event is rescheduled, you may be able to get a refund from the ticket outlet, or you can relist the tickets.

For more details on getting a refund, contact the ticket outlet where you originally purchased your ticket

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/event-tickets.html

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply