What's the deal with 'free insertion fees'?

Just wondering why I keep being offered deals like 'free insertion fees for September' when I don't pay insertion fees (I can list up to 40 items a month which is way too much for me anyway)? Seriously, what's the point? I haven't paid insertion fees for years now and certainly don't intend to if they ever bring them back again when some 'bright spark' wants to make even more money out of us (yes, those high final value fees still hurt - I remember when they were reasonable). Free final value fees? Then you'd have me interested!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: What's the deal with 'free insertion fees'?

In Australia we get 40 free listings a month, so that's a saving of $60.00.  Otherwise we'd pay $1.50 per listing.

If they offer 150 free listings then we would save $225.00.

The free listing offers which go beyond the free included listings for each month are of use to people who have more than 40 items to list.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It sounds like you got the same invitation promotion that I got. What it means is, until November, you can list as much as you like up to your listing limit and not pay any insertion fees, instead of paying insertion fees once you go over your 40 allocation.

The account I got it on only has a limit of 30, so I'll use my main account as an example. That account has a listing limit of 510 a month. That means I can only have listed and sold 510 items each month. Of course I'm not going to list that many because like you, I refuse to pay insertion fees, so only use my 40 freebies (and other free listing promotions that come up).

If I'd got this promotion on that account, instead of only being able to use 40 free listings before getting charged, I could list 510 things and not pay insertion fees on anything. It just means if you want to go crazy and list a heap more stuff without having to wait until next month you can. It runs until early November.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what you are complaining about.....I get these promotions regularly and I am not a seller....never have been.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply