What's with Feedback - you can only leave positive feedback now?

I have had someone successfully bid on a vehicle that I am selling only to avoid making payment and ignoring all requests to make contact.  Accordingly I have sought to leave approriate feedback however the only option available is to leave positive feedback.

This same buyer did exactly the same thing with another seller, yet this seller could only leave positive feedback albeit with a negative comment.

What is going on?  Feedback is supposed to inform buyers & sellers when a member behaves inappropiately.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: What's with Feedback - you can only leave positive feedback now?

yes, you are correct. Sellers can only leave a positive fb or none at all.  leaving a 'false positive' can mean you, the seller, will get a policy violation from ebay.

to rectify your current situation you need to open a non paying dispute, wait 4 days, close the dispute, get your fvf back, ebay will issue the buyer with a strike and you can then relist your item.

that's how ebay works.

doyou have all your blocks in place to stop bidders with strikes from trying to buy your items?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Actually, my understanding is that feedback is supposed to be a reflection of the transaction experienced between the trading partners.

What this translates to is that the buyers can express their opinion with freedom and honesty whereas, unless a seller has a completely positive experience.......

eBay Gaffer Tape.jpg

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

It's **bleep** isn't it. As a seller I can get negative feedback left for me for any minor thing the buyer wants to leave it for, but I can't leave it for all the time wasters and winning bidders who never bother to pay...and if we leave 'false positive' feedback to warn others then we get in trouble. It really isn't fair at all. If ebay wants to be the ones in control then when I non paying customer gets a strike against them, it should be reflected in their feedback so other sellers can be wary when they bid on their items.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I also had someone successfully bid on my vehicle.

He came around and went over the car top to bottom, front to back, then this man demanded I either provide him with a spare tyre and a jack from my other vehicle or he was deducting $30 from the price he won the car for ($530).

I now have a car sitting on a jack with 3 wheels! I now have negative feedback because he claims the windscreen was cracked and eBay say they can't remove it! 

I am receiving messages (9 in 2 days so far) demanding I pay for the windscreen. Not to mention he sms'd too. So- this man has my phone numbers, my address and knows I am a single mother with 5 kids. eBay can't help. I know legally, in Australia, a private car sales implies it is taken as is. I am not liable for damages he caused after he left.

He got a 1996 ford for $530 and he states the RWC requires a ball joint (I missed this) and supposedly a windscreen to which he won't give proof of. Now on any terms, that's a **bleep** good deal!

And I can't leave negative feedback for his stand-over behaviour, I can ask for feedback revision to which has to pass his approval, but he can leave negative feedback based on a lie.

It's very unfair. I AM a good seller and buyer and he has ruined my ability to be a trading assistant on eBay!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

RING eBay and advise whoever you speak to politely that the item is a pickup vehicle. If the buyer had an issue with an allegedly cracked windscreen, then it should have been mentioned at pickup time. If no joy ask to speak to a supervisor, If still no joy, go the defamation route. Though I doubt it will get that far.

i wouldn't have given them the wheel and jack, either.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply