What the hell is up with AusPost

It is now cheaper and faster to get deliveries from overseas. Good work AusPost for taking weeks to deliver packages (thats when they actully arrive)

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

We mail out about 15-20 packages per day. Our items are small and inexpensive, so we just use regular mail envelopes.

This past few weeks has seen several claims of items not arriving. We went for some months with none getting lost.

We simply believe the buyer and re-mail their order.

Of course we have no claim against Aust Post as we just put stamps on the envelopes and drop them in the red box in our neighbourhood.

Message 2 of 104
Latest reply

Hi Dylan,

It's certainly concerning to hear that your parcels are taking longer to be delivered or are going missing at a higher rate. If you have any specific examples of these issues that have not yet been investigated by us I would strongly recommend contacting us here http://auspo.st/17a4FTh to allow us to investigate and address the matter for you.

Alice

Message 3 of 104
Latest reply

Alice,    here's  one for you.       Buyer purchases a special order,     does not arrive after 2  weeks,   so I send a replacement,   replacement doesn't arrive after 2 weeks,   so send a 3rd  order,  (lost money big time).      All 3 orders arrive on the same day,   even though posted over a period of a month.        Can Auspost explain that one.    It cost me $40.00 out of my own pocket to make sure the customer was happy.      Can't same the same for me.  

Message 4 of 104
Latest reply

I think more needs to be done. There is obviously a lot of problems within australia post at the moment. One letter of mine took 12 days to arrive from NSW to NSW appalling service from australia post ,especially as the prices keep going up but the service is getting worse.
Message 5 of 104
Latest reply

Just been informed by another buyer their letter has not turned up either nor has it been returned to sender after 3 weeks. It only had to go 5 hours up the road. Northern NSW to Toowoomba.
Message 6 of 104
Latest reply

hi

i had 1 from seller in qld to me in sydney nsw

it took 21 days to arrive

and it was date marked so i know it was posted when seller said

it was ridiculous that it took that long

got 1 from me in sydney nsw to buyer in victoria

hasnt arrived in 2 weeks.just sent another 1 to them with tracking this time

and an extra item as an apology from me(how about aust post start apologising to all)

tara

Message 7 of 104
Latest reply

I have had several large letters go missing in the last few months or take like 3 weeks to go from Qld to Vic.  This is totally appalling service from Australia Post.  It costs sellers a lot of money in replacing items.  Just this week I had an item not arrive to a buyer after 11 days and then I sent another one and it arrived in 2 days and the first one arrived the same day!!  An item I sent to WA from Qld took a scenic around Australia tour and arrived 3 weeks later.  What did they do, strap my large envelope to the back of a thirsty camel and walk it across the desert?

Message 8 of 104
Latest reply

I'm about to trial sending my parcels with www.smartsend.com.au

They are a courier company I have used regularly in the past for larger items. They are offering pre paid satchels of 500g for $6.55, door to door guaranteed 3 day delivery Aust wide. Also 3kg satchels and larger.

With postage costs having increased YET AGAIN and service standards continually decreasing, fingers crossed these guys don't drop the ball. This is the problem - there is no competition so Oz Post pretty much do as they please
Message 9 of 104
Latest reply

I have had to replace two deliveries this week.The originals will eventually turn up but i rarely will hear about it,many customers have no patience for late deliveries on small items and often pressure the seller to fix the problem or guess what.I want everything to work properly for my customers.i understand they expect ebays stated delivery times which is fine but any time later than that understandably becomes the sellers problem,Aus Post problems do cost sellers money.

sellers become the meat in the sandwich

Message 10 of 104
Latest reply