What the hell is up with AusPost

It is now cheaper and faster to get deliveries from overseas. Good work AusPost for taking weeks to deliver packages (thats when they actully arrive)

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

It might be worth giving your buyers the option of courier or AP.

I am in a regional area and if I have a delivery by courier it is always delivered to the nearest post office in my postcode - which means a 50km drive to collect - despite the fact they say they deliver, they never come out here to attempt delivery  ... Hence I avoid sellers who only use couriers - I would rather pay the extra $s for AP.

Message 11 of 104
Latest reply

Interesting, this also happened to me on 2 separate occasions over the last month.  2nd replacement item arrived on the same day as the first send parcel some 2-3 weeks later according to AustPost records, but buyer said they only received 1 parcel!!!  AustPost suggested that I pay extra to have the signature recorded.  No compensation from AustPost.  AustPost are becoming very very gready with their charges!  If they want to increase their fees, they need to at least provide a decent service! The other issue I am having lately is when I drop the prepaid parcel post satchels in my local red box the tracking numbers are never activated - I understand from AustPost website that all parcels will have their tracking activated regardless if they are lodged via the Post Office or dropped at a red box!!

Message 12 of 104
Latest reply

I never never use the red box (well only if no other alternative). For me the red box means lost mail. I always lodge over the counter - and have had very few problems until last month when 6 items from about 100 sent got lost. 2 weeks ago I could not get to the PO and did use the red box (just 6 items) one of those has gone missing.

Message 13 of 104
Latest reply

Yes we should all pay for registered post to guarantee delivery of our items. Dont we already pay standard postage for delivery of our items. I had some postal worker try to tell me my standard postage does not pay for delivery, I was like are you friggin serious!!! Do they really expect customers to beieve that.
Message 14 of 104
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
Yes we should all pay for registered post to guarantee delivery of our items. Dont we already pay standard postage for delivery of our items. I had some postal worker try to tell me my standard postage does not pay for delivery, I was like are you friggin serious!!! Do they really expect customers to beieve that.

Yes. Yes they do.

If we all believed that Australia Post would provide the service that they are contracted to do when they agree to deliver our product from Point A to Point B upon accpeting payment from us to do that, then no one would pay for SOD and/or Insurance.

eventually, their ineptitude will be able to be used in court as a defence - they will be able to say "we have a history of not providing the service we are contracted to do, EVERYBODY knows this, it is common knowledge, so we are not liable for the plaintiff's lost parcel as a reasonable person would have paid extra foe Insurance an SOD just to make sure we do out job".

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 15 of 104
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

eventually, their ineptitude will be able to be used in court as a defence - they will be able to say "we have a history of not providing the service we are contracted to do, EVERYBODY knows this, it is common knowledge, so we are not liable for the plaintiff's lost parcel as a reasonable person would have paid extra foe Insurance an SOD just to make sure we do out job".

Australia Post might or might not get away with denying liability with that argument but it would most assuredly open them up to a class action suit for corporate fraud on a massive scale. Even now if the general public knew what it cost to deliver a parcel as opposed to what they bleed from us, there wouldn't be a PO left standing.

"Padches? We ain't got no padches. We don't need no padches. I don't have to show you any stinking padches".
Message 16 of 104
Latest reply

Billy, I was being a little bit tongue in cheek, perhaps a bit silly, but I don't get why you believe that the citizens would revolt if they knew the cost price of delivering a parcel.

AP are a business.

The main objective of operating a business is to make a profit.

A business decides at what price they are prepared to enter the market and what service/good they will supply for that price.

The consumer then decides if they are prepared to similarly enter the market and pay that price.

So I can't see why it matters what mark up Australia Post puts on it's cost price.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 17 of 104
Latest reply

I know how we hate to have to pay too much for postage especially on small items but for an extra $2.95 at your post office you can have a sticker attached that says "signature on delivery" then some has to sign for it and you also have a tracking number for it.

Message 18 of 104
Latest reply

I think you might find on this one what the postal worker should have stated was "STANDARD POSTAGE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROOF OF DELIVERY"   unfortunately the slight twist of the tongue once again has made Australia Post look silly however wrong it is taken the poor person just made a simple mistake its not something to jump up and down about we all do it

Message 19 of 104
Latest reply

I think the mistake alot of people make is not understanding the Australia Post Cycle.

Just because you post an item to just the next town down etc, doesnt mean it just gets driven down the road and is in their letter box the next day.  Australia Post has certain depots for each State where the post goes too first for being sorted and sometimes this can be miles and miles away from where you posted it and then it can take another day or so to arrive locally and be placed on the posties run.  Express Post is as it states - overnight delivery basically - but not for every state - only within its own state and not necesarily if your in NT.   So you know people have abit of patience - it is bad enough we get customers jumping up and down cos they ordered something 5 MINUTES AGO AND THEY WONDER WHY IT WASNT DELIVERED YESTERDAY lol.  Things shouldnt have to be that stressful - allow enough handling and postage time and keep your customers up to date what more can we do ????

Message 20 of 104
Latest reply