What to do about this buyer?

cq_tech
Community Member

I live in SEQ and a couple of days ago I received a Paypal Instant Payment for a DVD from a buyer who lives down near Nowra in NSW, except he paid for the item only, no postage, and didn't bother including a note to let me know his intentions, so after having heard nothing from him for over 24 hours, I sent the following email...

I note that you live in NSW yet have elected not to pay for postage, in which case I assume you are arranging to have somebody pick up the above item in person.

Therefore, can you or your agent please call me on (07) XXXX XXXX between 9am - 9pm in order to arrange a mutually agreeable time to pick up the item, at which time I will be happy to disclose my full address?

Well over 24 hours later and I've still heard absolutely nothing from this person and I'm starting to become a little concerned. I'd sooner just refund his payment and be done with it but of course I can't do that without copping a defect and probably a neg. I know it's only been just on 3 days now and chances are that I'll hear from him fairly soon, but what happens if I don't?

Has anybody else had this happen, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: What to do about this buyer?

you have responded perfecly ,he has only paid for goods but not for postage  it looks like a pick up for sure , which you have stated   as a option,but because you dont have stated ,  must be picked up by a certain time ,they can pick it up in lets say 3 months time ,i am not sure the exact time but after that time, i think 2 months , you can notify the buyer that you will relist the item after a another 30 days notice to the buyer.

anyway dont worry about it ,its a very small parcel just put it up on a shelf ,you have been paid for it.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Just to let everybody know that I finally received a phone call this afternoon from the buyer and the situation has now been resolved. He was extremely apologetic as he had ticked the pickup box in error, and despite his feedback of 253 indicating otherwise, had no idea how to contact me by email.

So that's one down and one to go. I also had a buyer on Sunday who made a $12 purchase but hasn't yet gone through checkout, and since then he's received an invoice from me and a reminder from eBay, yet still hasn't paid so it looks like I'll be lodging a UPI on Thursday. As I request payment at the time of ordering, I don't muck about. If they still haven't paid after 4 days they get hit with a UPI and go straight onto my BBL. I have absolutely no time at all for non-payers.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Well there you go did not even know you could do that, learn something new everyday

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

It's interesting when you look at other recent purchases for the non payers. I've noticed a few have bought a similar item a few bucks cheaper, so they then refuse to pay for the second one. If I can see they have bought a similar one cheaper, I don't even bother with a resend of the invoice, I just got straight for the jugular UPI. 0 feedback buyers I will try the communication route in case they're having trouble with the actual payment. I've talked a few through paying with PayPal and they've all been very grateful.

Glad it all worked out with your buyer.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Thanks sheep, although ultimately I blame eBay for all the difficulties which have recently eventuated for sellers, due to their stupid and ridiculous bloody rules and regulations (half of which aren't even legal). FGS, you only have to fart in the wrong direction around here to cop a defect and to be perfectly honest, I'm just about fed up with the whole business.

This would have to be the only selling venue on earth where sellers aren't even in control of their own businesses and I'm just not going to tolerate eBay's constant interference any more. I'm not restocking and as soon as I've sold most of my items, I'll be doing what I said I'd do last November (but relented at the very last minute), and telling eBay where to stick their site, and joining all the other rats leaving this rapidly sinking ship.
Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

does anybody know where i can get some balloons and streamers ,

thats amazing a seller gets paid straight away and wants to cancil an order  ,i had to cover my ears with the words coming from its mouth   ,,i am in shock ,good luck in your next venture.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply