What to do with buyers opened cases and receive full refund although items delivered oversea?

I was one of ebay top rated seller that paid ebay fee around $20k annually
I sold many to oversea during the COVID time
and then some buyers were very tricky and wanted items to arrive within 2 weeks although I clearly stated shipping was delayed so expect at least 1 month for the delivery
After couple weeks then some tricky buyers filed the case with ebay and asked for refund. Somehow on ebay the estimated delivery time is just 10-14 days no matter what I chose in the listings
Ebay refunded them no matter what
And 1 week later items arrived!
I asked buyer to pay for that or return my stuffs ( they are oversea, in US and AusPost is unable to return my parcels)
All of them just simply ignored my requests
Ebay ignored me and said cases were already closed and they couldn't do anything. Even though they said I could appeal if items arrived within 1 month after the refund
Paypal had nothing to do with that
So I lost my stuffs, refunded money, and could do nothing to them
Better to be only within Australia this time
Anyone succeeded with similar situations?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

What to do with buyers opened cases and receive full refund although items delivered oversea?

There have been a couple of sellers on these forums who experienced pretty much the same thing, and were successful in appealing to eBay for their payments to be returned, but they had to be persistent with eBay in asking for the case to be reviewed.

Whether it's worth your time to pursue will come down to the values of the items involved.

If the cases were filed through eBay's MGB program, then yes, it has nothing to do with PayPal - only eBay can fix it.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply. I tried to appeal to ebay multiple times but they just ignored my emails and replied nothing. They said Ebay US is handling these cases and nothing to do with Ebay Australia. And they only do reply over emails. 

Not sure what to do. I lost $1300 for the stuffs I sent through

Surprisingly the buyers just ignored my messages

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

It is no use emailing eBay at all

Their email is an automated set up and IF there is a reply, it is bot generated

I would keep trying , via Live Chat, it often takes several goes as most staff just want to get rid of each person as fast as possible

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@thuong.nguyen.92 wrote:

...but they just ignored my emails and replied nothing. They said Ebay US is...

So they didn't reply, but they did?

As sandypebbles advised, you need to get in touch with eBay via online chat. Probably repeatedly. There are other topics on here where sellers who were in your situation have explained what it took for them to have a case reviewed and possibly reversed, so go have a read through those.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Posting anything overseas is entering a danger zone.

You have to abide by the destination's PayPal rules ( which stink ).

Thanks for reminding me why I don't do international.

btw You can actually get an email from a real person if you persist with email
but better to go Live Chat ( a few times with different reps because some of

them can be as thick as two short planks ).

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Well guys I contacted via chat, calling, emailing, everything I could, and what ebay did to a seller who paid them $20,000 annually is just ignorance. 

I'm just very dissappointed the way ebay is handling this unforeseenable cases. I sent in the very next day of payment though

Maybe as good as the reminders for anyone else trying to sell internationally this time. Sometimes buyers are cool, sometimes they are honest, sometimes they are patience but very likely they would trick you

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Do you find and read the other topics as suggested?

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Hi mate would you mind sharing the links? I'm searching through

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I am having the exact same issues, I am in Australia but most of my sales are to the US & Europe, I did same and put warnings of mail delays, many items now 3 months and still not arrived, meanwhile ebay is refunding, has cost me heaps though most of my sales ar low value, I have had two honest people say they arrived and have had to get an email address to repay me as past ebays due date, I wished I had just stopped selling

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply