What to do

Hi   I sold an item for Pick up only on Wednesday and asked that it be picked up within 4 days, also sent an invoice.

The buyer texted back could I drop it off at Frankston!!!!  about 20 ks from me, then no word.

Can I cancel this sale?  I have a neighbour who would buy it from me straightaway.

This buyer is a time waster I am sure.

Thanks

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

What to do

Hi,

Message them back and say you have no way of delivering and the listing was for pick up only.

Ask the buyer if they will agree to a cancellation then send one. (You will then have it in messages if you need to contact ebay)

Choose buyer changed mind so you don't get defect.

If they won't, do an unpaid item case.

Smiley Happy

image host
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

What to do

The buyer asked if you could drop it off and then no word,well have you replied to the buyer either yes or no about dropping it off?

I think the buyer is now waiting for you to say yes or no.

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

What to do

I would just write back politely and say no, sorry, unable to deliver, when are they able to pick up?

If you get no reply within a few days, I would put in an unpaid item dispute.

I wouldn't mess around with trying to cancel the sale, although that is just me, personally.

I figure they have mucked you around & if they have no intention of carrying through with the sale then let them get a strike.

Just let me say too that even if you did deliver, there is no guarantee this person would be home or willing to pay over the money anyway.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

What to do

Sellers need to start sueing buyers (and ebay). Then when the courts are overrun by claims the Australian government will do something about it.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

What to do

I don't think a $200 an hour lawyer will help with a $9.50 sale somehow   sarcastic.gif

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

What to do

@imastawka wrote:

I don't think a $200 an hour lawyer will help with a $9.50 sale somehow   sarcastic.gif

200.jpg

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

What to do

There is no need to pay some idiot that much (not to say I'm not an idiot)... If successfull I would assume all costs are payed for by the other party.

I would say there is a limit though. $10 sale $5000 in legal fees doesn't seem right but I am fairly sure that is what happens.

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

What to do

i once tryed to call my lawyer about his invoice , could not get hold of him as i was ringing up the invoice amount  thought it was his phone number.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

What to do

If a buyer won't pay $10 then you have buckleys to no chance they will pay the legal fees either,you can't get blood out of a stone.

But if you could I'm sure ebay would have it written in stone as a policy.

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply