When can I create a sale?

Hi everyone!

I started selling on eBay austalia two month ago and I wonder how much time after I list an item I can create a sale on it.

Thank you!

Moshe.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to wait 7 days before you can use Markdown Manager

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I didn't described my question right.

How much time do I have to wait from the time I list an item to the time I can set that list to a sale (discount)?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Hi Moshe, welcome to eBay! The actual selling is alright but these forums can get a bit nasty at times, particularly over on the community spirit board - so I suggest sticking to the buying/selling boards for now!

I understand what you're trying to ask. Don't quote me on this, but I think you have to use something called Markdown Manager. I don't think there's a time limit. Try going into Account > Marketing Tools > Markdown Manager.

Happy selling! Jess 🙂
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Thanks jessicadazzler!

That's what I mean but I can't put a sale - When I try I get this message:

"52 listings cannot be put on sale because they are newly listed, or the price has recently changed."

I listed those products 4 days ago and I get put them in the Markdown manager so that means that I have to wait a certain amount of time before I can put them there.

So my question is how much?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Seeing as though you are new to selling it would be beneficial for you to do some reading from the site map.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/items_on_sale.html
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

You have to wait 7 days before you can use Markdown Manager
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you harley, I will read it.

bigbrickshop - Thanks! this is what I was looking for 🙂
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply