When is a free relist not a free relist?

I have been keeping an eye on my free listing tally, and they have been going down as my unsold items have been automaticaly re-listed 'for free'.   A new 'Seller Bonus' which they snuck in or have I just been lucky (Again)?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Are you sure you haven't any listings set for GTC ?

If so they will count as 1 off the freebies every month.

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

What is GTC? I have been listing the same way for ages, and have no changed anything. Mostly auction, 10 days, 3 free re-lists.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Good til cancelled.

They are Buy it Nows that continue until you cancel them.

But if you mostly have auctions then doesn't apply.

EDIT - I did see you have 9 BIN's, just check they are set to 30 days and not GTC.

image host
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks Kopenhagen, I thought that I would get better value from the GTC than 30 days? I just checked and I have a mixture of both. Some of these items sell very slowly, so I thought that GTC would be better than 30 days relist (and losing 1 more free relist).

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

If you list 1 BIN for 30 days and have the 3 free relists then in effect it only uses 1 freebie for 4 months listing.

The only benefit with GTC is you don't need to manually relist or if you have multiples of same item to sell in the one listing.

Also if your auctions mostly get one bid at the start price, you are probably better to list as 30 day BIN, that will in effect give you more freebies every month. Rather than relisting a 10 day auction 3-4 times a month.

image host
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

kopes, you don't need gtc to have multiple items in one listing.

In some categories auctions are more visible so even if they only get one bid there's a possibility auctions are still better than BIN.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry, I assume you meant if you want to keep the selling history on multiple items. I'm not sure it always makes a lot of difference with best match.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
kopes, you don't need gtc to have multiple items in one listing.

In some categories auctions are more visible so even if they only get one bid there's a possibility auctions are still better than BIN.

I chop and change my items between auctions and BIN's. Often I will relist via the app on my phone because it's quick and easy. When I change from an auction to BIN, it pops up a box telling me that those items sell better at auction and that I should list between these 2 prices. If that's the case, why am I relisting it LOL? I'm mostly in the collectables category.

Some items do sell better at auction, but others would be pointless putting them up for auction. Some things you just want to buy. One example might be pens. Why would you list pens as an auction?

It's time for another price rise. Whenever I put my prices up, sales go up for some reason.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply