When will ebay (Australia) be intrtoducing Adyen

Does anyone know, with absolute certainty, when ebay (Australia) intends to include / intrtoduce Adyen?

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

As close as I can find - 

EBay will continue to let customers use PayPal as an option for checking out until July 2023, but most of eBayโ€™s payments will be processed by Adyen by 2021.

image host
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Thank you for your reply, and that is my understanding as well fromwhat I have read.

What I need to know is the start date for the Adyen checkout option here in Aus, please?

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Perhaps give them a call.

https://www.adyen.com/contact

image host
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

I have called 3 times so as to get a different person that end, and I have messaged messaged ebay but their team either don't know or are instructed to NOT say. Their reply is that "ebay will contact you when it happens".

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

I doubt anyone at ebay would know exactly when it's likely to start, and the people who'd answer you definitely wouldn't have access to that sort of information. There are probably factors that are beyond their control at this stage. I'd imagine if they knew an exact start date they would have said so.
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

I am trying to plan the future for my business (this and a hundred other issues) and I have been on track to set up my own Credit Card Merchant facility, but if ebay is going to receive and hold our money, there is little point in me making those arrangements.

I did see somewhere on Dr Google that ebay planned this for later this year in Aus !!!  If it is only happening in 2020 or 2021 then I would set up my own Credit Card Merchant facilities. 

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

I believe you can no longer offer your own credit card merchant facility when you sell on ebay. I've seen it a few times when I've done new listings over the last few months.

It might be worth checking the announcements and the seller centre on ebay.com because they're often ahead of us in a lot of things.  I'd also check e-commercebytes or whatever the website is that often discusses ebay announcements and interviews ebay executives.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Sorry, I did a dummy new listing just now and there's nothing about not being able to offer credit card payments, but I have seen it somewhere that you can no longer use it.

I'd say that if most of ebay's payments will be processed by Adyen by 2021 then it probably won't be that long before they start offering it, assuming they don't force everyone to use it immediately after they first start it.
Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/payment-policies/accepted-payments-policy?id=4269

In the third paragraph down (in the box) it says sellers can no longer offer internet merchant facilities on listings. It gives a couple of dates.
Message 10 of 29
Latest reply