Where are the free listings?

Does anyone have any theories on why non store sellers haven't got the free listings in a long time?

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

I guess ebay are waiting until the 1st November to give us free promotional listings. Too bad there won't be many sellers left to get them.

Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Yes was really hoping we would get an offer today..Its difficult ithout them to list too many items especially with sales being poor lately and everyone seems to be only spending low.. November  has all the new changes coming into effect they probably are unsure how many will keep selling or hold back ..Maybe they want to entice us more at that time rather than now

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Good point jenni.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

I'm sort of leaning towards the thought that they may in fact give us an allocation today just to keep us here past Nov 1...LOL.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

acenyg
Community Member

Ebay  are really P*****G me off! We wait and wait and wait for free listings which should be more regular. I'm hoping they do release some today or tomorrow at the latest. This is getting ridiculous!

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Whilst I was also hoping for an offer today, I think perhaps one will come next week with a Halloween theme.  You know how they like their happy, festive themes.  Also, others make a good point about an offer arriving pre-Nov1 to keep us all listing into the dark zone.  Best of luck everyone!

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

In all honesty, while I love the bonus free listings offers, I don't expect them as a given, and don't think they should be more regular.  They are not part of the published offering for regular sellers, we are given a regular allocation of 40 free listings every month and we are not promised more than that.  I am grateful for the extras, but they are just that, extras.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

They are handy and and even though they aren't a given I still think they should do them once a month to make for their fees and policy changes. I personally think Ebay don't give enough to sellers overall. With even more changes going against sellers I think they shoud increase the 40 free listings a month to at least 50. It seems they keep taking from sellers and rarely giving, If there was another site just as competive as Ebay but with cheaper fees or the same with more listings there is no doubt we would all be there. Selling in the last 12 months, fees have gone up, harsher policy changes towards sellers and no one ever seems to be interested in sellers opinions, the only satisfaction I can get from Ebay is the free listings, otherwise their service towards me as a seller is pathetic. Maybe a Halloween theme although must say surprised with the spring racing carnival on in Melbourne that Ebay didn't do free listings to cash in on all the people looking for fancy dress, shoes, bags, hats, jewellery etc.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

They should make all listings free. They make enough money from all their other fees etc. They don't need listing fees as well.

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply