Where can I enable blocked buyers to still send messages?

I thought the option was under the blocked buyers list, but it is no longer there. I've also checked "site preferences" and can't find it. Can anyone help?

I want to stop this buyer from buying anything else because it's like a really irritating relay . . .

They bought two items, only paid for one. So I posted one.

Then they bought a third item. So I sent an invoice for the unpaid second item, and the third item.

Then they paid for the third item and still haven't paid for the second. Now they've bought two more items and have only paid for one of those.

I want them to pay for all outstanding purchases before they buy anything else, but I need them to be able to send me messages.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why did you let them continue to buy from you? If you had added them to your BBL after the first set of purchases, they would not have been able to buy any more and you would not have this problem.

I believe they can still contact you because they have already made purchases.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

Why did you let them continue to buy from you? If you had added them to your BBL after the first set of purchases, they would not have been able to buy any more and you would not have this problem.

I believe they can still contact you because they have already made purchases.

Because they had paid for all items except one (which they only bought two days ago), up until this morning. They're a new buyer, and they've been very communicative, so I thought that they'd just forgotten to pay for it or something, but after this latest round of purchases it's time to block.

I've tried to be patient, and I've explained the buying process as much as I can . . . and then they send another message that indicates that they have no idea what I've just told them. I have a feeling that they're really young . . . they may not even be eligible to have an account.

They also don't appear to be able to read descriptions as they're buying items and then asking questions that are answered in the description. Only a matter of time before an answer is not to their liking and they want to cancel, which will be more hassle.

They also keep asking for items that I don't sell . . . repeatedly. Smiley Mad

I'm sure that there used to be a tick box to let buyers to contact you when blocked, and I don't know if it defaults to NOT letting them. Hopefully you're right and they can still contact me. Thanks for your reply.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

The allow blocked buyers to contact you option is under your account - selling preferences - buyer requirements -

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Just add your buyer to your BBL list.  They can still contact you as they have purchased from you recently.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Where is your buyer located?

Best way to short circuit these kind of buyers is to just add them to your BBL, file all UID's after 4 days, close them after another 4 days and then they will have received more than 2 strikes on their account which will prevent them from buying from a lot of other sellers like myself and most of the people on these boards who have our blocks in place (if unsure, we can help you set up your buyer block preferences in site settings). 

Even new buyers need to toe the line when it comes to making purchases - it's one thing to be patient, but every seller has to draw a line in the sand.

If this buyer is doing this to you, I'm sure they are mucking other sellers around as well.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@thecatspjs wrote:

The allow blocked buyers to contact you option is under your account - selling preferences - buyer requirements -

http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BuyerBlockPreferences

Just add your buyer to your BBL list.  They can still contact you as they have purchased from you recently.

Thank you! That's what I was looking for.

@cushioncovers wrote:

Where is your buyer located?

Best way to short circuit these kind of buyers is to just add them to your BBL, file all UID's after 4 days, close them after another 4 days and then they will have received more than 2 strikes on their account which will prevent them from buying from a lot of other sellers like myself and most of the people on these boards who have our blocks in place (if unsure, we can help you set up your buyer block preferences in site settings). 

Even new buyers need to toe the line when it comes to making purchases - it's one thing to be patient, but every seller has to draw a line in the sand.

If this buyer is doing this to you, I'm sure they are mucking other sellers around as well.

Melbourne.
I agree, and I will definitely be filing an UID as soon as I can if they don't pay. I'm not a new seller, and I know how it works. I just couldn't find the option that thecatspjs provided.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply