Why are there so many problems sending goods to a PO Box.

I have recently had issues where I try to buy an item and get stopped by Ebay when i go to pay the invoice. Ebay says the seller does not post to PO Boxes. When the sellers are emailed they say this is not the case and they are happy to post to PO boxes. It seems like a restraint of trade as I cannot pay for the goods I agreed to buy or won in auction. It is messy, confusing and puts buyers off using Ebay

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

There is a setting when selling that you can choose not to ship to PO Boxes,  its in the Exclude Postage Locations from Listings, Under Postage Preferences in Site Preferences in My Account, takes a bit of finding to get there.

Most people will choose this if they primarily use a courier service, which do not ship to P.O. Boxes.

Possibly the Seller ticked Exclude PO Boxes by accident when they where selecting other locations to exclude, ask them to look at their settings.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Why dos Ebay then not advertise the fact the Seller will not send to a PO Box under there Postage and Handling tab...

I got caught out a couple of times...

I had to send a dozen emails out for 1 item and recieved 7 emails back saying we do not post to a PO Box..

Now I check other online retailer prior to ebay..

eBay is now my last resort... 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Each seller is responsible for their own listing.

It is up to them to put all relevent info in their listings, not ebay.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

A lot of sellers use couriers and couriers wont (cant) deliver to PO boxes 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Use the add to cart function not buy it now. It won't let you purchase items from sellers that don't post to PO boxes.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply