Why aren't buyers paying for their purchases? I hate opening UPI cases!!!

Is anyone else having issues with buyers not paying for their purchases lately?
I have my site preferences all ticked off, so they aren't nuisance buyers. I hate opening UPI cases, but I have no choice! I refuse to harass buyers to pay.
Is it just a case of people just getting more and more inconsiderate? I don't mind when they send a quick email saying when they'll pay, but most can't even manage that!!! TO BUYERS READING THIS, IF YOU CANT PAY, DONT BUY! Or at least communicate with the sellers if there's a problem!
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Yes was 3 but now 2 (unless she is still stalling for time again)this week.I don't chase for payment either as eBay sends reminders about payment.I just wait the 4 days unless buyer emails, & do the UPI & add them to the party list.I find that most do not pay after it is opened & i usually hope that they don't as they may be mad about it & leave low DSR.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Yeah, some can be spiteful about it, but you can always add a "you didn't pay" comment in reply to their low DSR...which everyone can see, so it shouldn't affect buyers' opinion. Non-payment is more frustrating at the end of the month when seller invoices are due...they're a financial killer!
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Buyers should not be able to leave fb on a UPI & if they do eBay will remove it.I never leave  fb to a non payer as it just increases their +fb score & they don't deserve it.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

"TO BUYERS READING THIS, IF YOU CANT PAY, DONT BUY! "

Couldn't agree more. I always pay within 24 hours (usually instantly). If I do come across something I really won't but short on cash, I message the seller to see if they are happy to wait a few days. If they say 'no' I don't bid. It's just simple common courtesy.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Seems to be more than usual lately, shame you can't leave negative feedback anymore!

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@newyork-toorak wrote:

Seems to be more than usual lately, shame you can't leave negative feedback anymore!

I rarely get a non payer, but have had 5 in the last 2 weeks. I thought it was going to be 6 yesterday as I had to resend an invoice being day 3 and was going to open a dispute today. Thankfully he paid not long after. Dunno what's going on!

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

It's normal for us to have 1 or 2 UPI cases open at any one time across 5 selling IDs.

Doesn't seem to matter if they are auctions or BINs.

You do have to wonder why someone can click a BIN item then never pay?

I can sort of understand they put in a bid on an auction some days prior to it ending then forget all about it. But we always send a gentle reminder message on day #3 before opening the UPI.

Anyway we just close the cases after the 4-days and move on. Unless we get a message explaining why they can't pay or when they intend to pay. Then we will take that into account. Even then quite often they still never pay so we close them anyway.

We even have our blocks in place too.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I had a non payer contact me several weeks after the dispute was closed, apologising profusely saying they had an unexpected large expense. That's fine, but send me a message!!! It only takes a sec to send a message.

I had a buyer contact me last week to see if one of my 'completed' (unsold) items was still available. I said it was and I just hadn't got around to relisting it and if she wanted to bid on it, I'd end it early for her (it was one that had relisted 40+ times). I relisted it, then got a message the next day saying she couldn't bid as she had 2 unpaid strikes from when she had an unexpected large vet bill to pay and could I unblock her.

I was in 2 minds as to whether to do it, but all of her several hundred feedback was glowing. I said that I normally wouldn't unblock a non payer, but as I know what it's like to be hit with a massive vet bill, I would just this one. However, I require immediate payment. She bid, I ended, she paid within minutes and we're both happy!

I also mentioned to her that in the event something like that happens again, send the seller a quick message to let them know what's going on and any reasonable seller will give you an extension, or offer to cancel. You're only punishing yourself by ignoring it. She thanked me for the advice and said she would take it on board.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply