Why can't I have over 500 free listings anymore?

Has something changed? I have a basic store and it was always 600 free listings permitted. Tonight, I was drafting some listings and once I hit the 500th (total listings in my store), it suddenly wouldn't let me select BIN and then said my listing would cost $3.30.

So I deleted some old items I didn't really care about anyway, and then I was able to continue on as normal.

What happened to my 600 free listings!? I've been way over 500 before!
Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Do you have any variation listings? I believe each variation counts as a listing. So, if you have a listing with 10 different colours of something, then that counts as 10 listings.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

No, none! It is quite strange. I'm going to ask ebay.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Another member on another thread has the same problem,must be some kind of a really bad glitch surely?

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Do you have any variation listings? I believe each variation counts as a listing. So, if you have a listing with 10 different colours of something, then that counts as 10 listings.

This is incorrect.  Each listing counts as one listing regardless of how many variations they may have.  If you have 100 listings and each one has 10 variations, you're still considered to only have 100 listings.  However, it'll show as you having 1,000 items listed.

kittykat, have you sold out of 100 listings already this month (listings that had already rolled over this month)?  It sounds unlikely as it's only the third day of the month but I thought it's always worth asking.  

Sounds like ebay's latest frustrating glitch.  A lot I just put up with but this sort of thing would be extremely inconvenient!

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

If you couldn't select BIN I assume you had to select auction, which always cost $3.30 for a store unless it's in a small, select number of categories.

It sounds like the glitch is that you couldn't select BIN, nothing to do with charging you for more than 500 BIN listings.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Hmm. Yes, it did let me select auction but not BIN. I never do auctions so I just left it and saved it as a draft. That was listing 499.

Then I deleted some old unwanted listings, and went back to the draft and now it let me choose BIN for no fee.

Blegh.
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

A new possible glitch has popped up.

I have been listing more of the drafts I was doing the other night, and now I got a strange message pop up saying I had exceeded the limit of items in this category (apparently women's shorts) and would not be able to post in this category for 30 days from the date of my last violation...or some such wording.

What??? What violation!? What limit!? Huh?!
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Too many returns without seller resolution - like the one that was returned while you were overseas?

It sounds like you need to check your seller dashboard for violations and other stuff you may not be aware of.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm. That particular one didn't actually go through ebay, and the buyer lodged their claim directly through Paypal.

I must check my violations! I didn't even know I had any!

Edit - I don't have any!

And just now, I tried to list a top and it said the same thing it said about the shorts. I have 503 total listings.
Message 10 of 11
Latest reply