Why do I need a receipt which I have lost to sell 2 brand new computer monitors?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Why do I need a receipt which I have lost to sell 2 brand new computer monitors?

To prove they are not stolen????

Who is asking you for the receipt?

What reasons did they give?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

warranty purposes?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Warranty's are not covered if an item is sold on eBay unless the seller is an authorised dealer for the company.

More likely Crikey is correct, eBay may require proof of ownership as you are selling 2 'brand new' items.

or if the buyer is asking, they most likely want to know just how old the monitors are, and it is a fair question, for all they know they may have been 'new' 5 years ago.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

If you bought the computers new from a major store they will most likely have a record of the sale on their computer system (going back years) and would be able to issue a duplicate invoice.

A buyer may want the invoice/receipt if the items would still be under warranty from the retailer they were originally purchased from. Some warranties are transferrable between owners.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Perhaps it depends on brand/merchandise - I have purchased a near-new camera where the extended warranty was transferable.

Have also enquired about SELLING a computer monitor that I have not used  - the manufacturer said I could transfer warranty....I think as long as the original proof of purchase can be supplied it is ok... not sure if there is any difference between items advertised as NEW, or second hand LIKE/NEAR new?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply