Why do total monthly sales figures in seller hub include postage?

Why does the seller hub include postage costs in it's monthly sales data? This skews the figures and is pointless, it seems to filter out postage paid with ebay labels but I don't use those.

I can see the total figures minus postage in sales reports plus, but knowing ebay that will be closed and I'll have to manually dig through the monthly invoice and add up postage.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

I use my own accounting for real numbers. At the time of sale. I would never rely on a foreign company to run my accounting. But that's just me, and I can write a simple spreadsheet to manage my business.

The seller hub does, however, give turnover figures. Which are what is reported to the ATO.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@gillians_gallery wrote:

Why does the seller hub include postage costs in it's monthly sales data? This skews the figures and is pointless, it seems to filter out postage paid with ebay labels but I don't use those.

I can see the total figures minus postage in sales reports plus, but knowing ebay that will be closed and I'll have to manually dig through the monthly invoice and add up postage.

Go to your seller account and to the right under invoices is: New: Personalise your invoice

with Try it now on the bottom bit.

You change it through that bit as you'll get a page pop up that allows you to change it to no postage included.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I'm like Dave and just use a spreadsheet though it's a pretty big one.

I have it tricked out to grab postage costs from a few different places and run those through a Profit & Loss.

That's alongside all my other costs inc eBay, Vehicle, Stock, Materials etc.

I only bother doing it monthly but can set a date range to go fine or broad.

This does wonders at tax time as the entire year is presented in all the detail I need to just enter amounts.

Your gross will always be your PayPal figure + any other payment streams you use.

Set up a spreadsheet properly and you'll wonder how you ever got by without it.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

A cynical person would say it's to bolster up seller's figures and conceal the dismal reality.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply