Why does eBay insist on 'Return Item' as the first option on a buyers drop down menu ??

Why not 'Contact Seller'. This would make sense as the fastest resolution would be achieved
by communicating with the seller ( THEN to open a case if that fails ).

On the surface it would appear that putting a ding in your service metrics is eBay's goal.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Don't take it all too seriously.
Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Why does eBay insist on 'Return Item' as the first option on a buyers drop down menu ??

Apology if this has appeared many times but no suggestions popped up when I entered the title.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Cosmologically speaking we are all little more than a bacterial film on a soft rock hurtling through an unimaginable void.
Message 2 of 31
Latest reply

Which dropdown menu are you referring to?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 3 of 31
Latest reply

The one to the right of the purchase record.
'Return Item' appears as the first option after the item is shown as delivered.

Message 4 of 31
Latest reply

Do you mean the 'More actions' drop-down?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 5 of 31
Latest reply

@dontmissthese wrote:

Why not 'Contact Seller'. This would make sense as the fastest resolution would be achieved
by communicating with the seller ( THEN to open a case if that fails ).

On the surface it would appear that putting a ding in your service metrics is eBay's goal.

Don't know if you have a different drop-down menue to me, but "contact seller" comes before "return this item" on mine.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 31
Latest reply

My recent purchases.

Maybe it is browser dependent. I use Chrome.

initialdropdown.jpg

Message 7 of 31
Latest reply

The screen-shot I provided was from Firefox, but the Chrome drop-down is exactly the same for me.

Ah, I think I see what is happening, it shows like yours for me if I've already left feedback.

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 8 of 31
Latest reply

Edge gives me the same as dontmissthese

purchase dropdown.png

That's with FB given.

With FB not given, the big blue button is still on top, but the first option in the drop down'is 'View Order' then 'Contact seller'

Message 9 of 31
Latest reply

Mine is the same as yours in both Edge and Chrome

Message 10 of 31
Latest reply