Why have all of my fixed price listings been changed to good until cancelled?

pjh09
Community Member

Before a few days ago, I was able to list my fixed price listings for 30 days with up to 8 cycles without additional listing fees. Now my fixed price listings have all been changed to 'Good Until Cancelled' and my 40 monthly free listings are disappearing when an item relists. Previously, 'GUC' has always been an option (which I have never chosen) but now Ebay has it as the default for all of my fixed price listings with no other duration choice available. 

Why has this happened to me at this time? Is this something that comes with a high selling volume? I didn't think my volumes were that high. Maybe they want me to change to a store?

Maybe someone out there would like some input into this. I have trawled through similar threads back to 2016 but these seemed to relate to sellers CHOOSING the 'GUC' option in preference to other durations. The difference here is that now I do not have a choice. Anyway, I will now remove all of my listings (currently over 100) and consider my options. Good one Ebay.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It is not just you....ebay is changing the system.

Have a look at the other very long thread on the subject.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

pjh09
Community Member

Searched the threads but couldn't locate anything recent. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Ebay never cease to amaze me why they change things and I can't see how this will ever hope to improve their bottom line.
One point though is with 'old' listings that never sell. Maybe these are clogging the system and it's costly for them. That's the only possible reason I can see for the change, apart from the early cash grab they'll get from sellers who are unaware and get stung when their freebies run out.

Maybe I'll consider a store, but their new policy will definitely put a ceiling on the amount of listings possible to stay under the 'no listing fees' safety net. With my volumes, I suppose it won;t affect me too much but I feel for thise sellers who list 000's of items.

Anyway, thanks for the responses and good luck to all sellers

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I'm upset too it's just revenue raising and less and less choice for sellers- so what else is new???
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Not mocking you, but I was wondering how long it would take for the threads to start about this change. I'm surprised it took a few days. It wasn't a well thought out plan and I would be surprised if anyone is happy about it. Maybe people with the most expensive stores might be, but very few smaller sellers would be.

I don't sell enough to warrant opening a store, so will just have to be more vigilant. Yes, it's happening to everyone.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

This has happened to my listings as well, there is no way I can justify spending $1.65 for each item to be listed for 10 or $15 item times by the number of items you offer.

One item I have more than 100 available would be over $165 every 30 days in fees for a $10 item. And still then have to pay a near 11% commission on the item and which sticks in my throat 11% on postage.

Obviously it's time to research other methods of selling, as my old items expire I will have to remove them.

If you're reading this eBay Australia, I think you have a problem.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I'm afraid they're not,eBay staff don't read here

Just another way they have come up with to s***w over sellers

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Even if you did have to pay to relist every month, you only pay per listing, not per item in the listing. If you don't know this I'd suggest you need to do some research on how selling on ebay works.
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Hi. Read the fine print, its all there on there fees and charges page.. Yes if you list 10 items for sale in a listing then you pay 10 times the fee  eg 10 x $1.65.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply