Why have all of my fixed price listings been changed to good until cancelled?

pjh09
Community Member

Before a few days ago, I was able to list my fixed price listings for 30 days with up to 8 cycles without additional listing fees. Now my fixed price listings have all been changed to 'Good Until Cancelled' and my 40 monthly free listings are disappearing when an item relists. Previously, 'GUC' has always been an option (which I have never chosen) but now Ebay has it as the default for all of my fixed price listings with no other duration choice available. 

Why has this happened to me at this time? Is this something that comes with a high selling volume? I didn't think my volumes were that high. Maybe they want me to change to a store?

Maybe someone out there would like some input into this. I have trawled through similar threads back to 2016 but these seemed to relate to sellers CHOOSING the 'GUC' option in preference to other durations. The difference here is that now I do not have a choice. Anyway, I will now remove all of my listings (currently over 100) and consider my options. Good one Ebay.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Why have all of my fixed price listings been changed to good until cancelled?

You need new glasses. If you do a listing with ten items and you have spare freebies it'll only use one of them, and if you don't have any freebies left you'll only be charged for one listing. The only time individual items in a listing are counted is when you have listing limits, but that has nothing to do with fees.
Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Re: Why have all of my fixed price listings been changed to good until cancelled?

It also relates to stores - I have had a store for about 10 years and a few days ago realised that the only relist option is  'Good till Cancelled '  -   I have never chosen that option before as when items finish after 30 days I decide for each one whether to relist or not - and every month was taking some unsold items off so as to keep the store manageable  - ( I had control of that ) now it seems that I dont - what a pain and a waste of time trying to figure that out before the listing ends -  it is going to be a real problem - Sorry I dont have the answer as to why but am trying to find out - also is this a permanent situation ? - regards,   Mark

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

Exactly the same rubbish has just happened to me! And ebay just keep giving me all sort of stupid replies and telling me that I used all my free listings. DURRR I had to use all of them because ebay delisted 50 ITEMS ALL ON THE SAME DAY! Frustrating, irritating garbage.
Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

Which has to do with eBay converting all BIN listings to GTC a couple of years ago, how?

It doesn't matter if they were delisted. They would have attracted a relist fee when they rolled over anyway.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply