Why is eBay allowing low life people to profit from the corona virus pandemic

Why is eBay allowing low life people to profit from the corona virus pandemic like selling hand sanitiser for over a $100 or toilet tissue 9 pack for $200 it is downright criminal eBay should not only take down these ads but also delete these seller's accounts permenately!! never to sell again.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Why is eBay allowing low life people to profit from the corona virus pandemic

Re: Why is eBay allowing low life people to profit from the corona virus pandemic

So they've changed it again as the previous policy was as I stated above where there was no return of fees.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/price-gouging-policy?id=5106

All their anouncements of late as some members don't even know where to find them:

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/eBay-Announcements/bg-p/eBayAnnouncements

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

Hopefully this will become a moot point, because the panic buying for most items has peaked and is on the decline. There will probably be waves of new things for a while though.

I'm not sure why this is such a difficult thing to police, but i suppose there are reasons. OTOH eBay's policy's in relation to this have caught me out when I've been trying to do the right thing.  e.g. you can't put the full word for CV in an item description; I just get a warning that profiteering won't be tolerated - when all I was trying to do was use the word in a sentence to warn overseas buyers about postage delays. This contirbuted to my decision to ditch overseas selling, though I probably would have done anyway.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

If toilet paper and hand sanitiser wasn't bad enough, now the a'holes are profiteering from pain relief!  No wonder chemists have either sold out or have low stock 🤬

264107850357 $29.99 96 tablets

Chemistwarehouse $7.49 96 tablets

These people make me sick!!

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

Simple thay make more money. They don't care. 

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

@8395.littleangel wrote:

Why is eBay allowing low life people to profit from the corona virus pandemic like selling hand sanitiser for over a $100 or toilet tissue 9 pack for $200 it is downright criminal eBay should not only take down these ads but also delete these seller's accounts permenately!! never to sell again.

The federal govt passed a temporary law in the past week to outlaw this kind of activity.

It covers price gouging on all items that can be considered an essential item.

So if you report the listing to the federal police I'm quite sure they will take action for you.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

"So if you report the listing to the federal police I'm quite sure they will take action for you."

Utilise all the police into catching people selling things and people eating kebabs whilst major crimes go unsolved. A waste of police manpower

I highly doubt the AFP will intercept someone selling on eBay

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

comcol
Community Member

You realise ebay supports and covers for most scams on this site?.lol

They openly protect accounts that rip off sellers all the time. It's not new.

Dare to stand up to them and they will ban you in a heartbeat.

Rip off Ebay I say. Give back what they hand out.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply