Why is eBay allowing low life people to profit from the corona virus pandemic

Why is eBay allowing low life people to profit from the corona virus pandemic like selling hand sanitiser for over a $100 or toilet tissue 9 pack for $200 it is downright criminal eBay should not only take down these ads but also delete these seller's accounts permenately!! never to sell again.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

I thought ebay had policies in place now for you to report any ads that were price gouging.

I haven't looked up toilet paper on ebay but I know the topic was a big one a week or so ago and heard that ebay was trying to clamp down on it.

If you've seen a bad ad, report it.

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

I found hand sanitiser for $100 but it was for 2 litres and I don't know if this is overpriced. Do you have a listing number. 

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

How long ago did you report the ads?

Spoiler
Let me guess
Spoiler

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

To give you an idea of what it would cost is I bought a 1lt size a while back before the Corona Virus pandemic and I payed only $23

Never have seen a 2lt size

Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

202947578455 is the item i found

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

No idea if or when littleangel reported but I reported this item 2 days ago. Beats me why Ebay can't find these profiteers, they are quick to jump on any one they think is trying to sell outside ebay.
While I'm here may as well mention that I have also reported some sellers in China trying to sell chinese toilet paper to us at ridiculous prices. I guess by not selling us back our Australian made paper they are showing some sort of decency.
Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

I was even surprised to see hand sanitiser listings being back up on ebay from australia sellers after all listings got pulled last week.

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

ebay do allow australian sellers to sell but you need pre approval first

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@8395.littleangel wrote:

Why is eBay allowing low life people to profit from the corona virus pandemic like selling hand sanitiser for over a $100 or toilet tissue 9 pack for $200 it is downright criminal eBay should not only take down these ads but also delete these seller's accounts permenately!! never to sell again.

Report them and put them in you watch list and you'll then find that eBay are letting these run and then

cancelling the sales and pocketing the FVF's as they are non refundable if price gouging.good.gif

So think of the over joyed seller/scammer thinking they have made a big profit only to find the sale cancelled

but the FVF's have been charged and there is no avenue for a return of those fees.

So those sellers/scammers are now losing money instead of making money.rofl.gif

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply