Why is it buyers can leave NEGATIVE feedback but sellars can only leave POSITIVE,

I Have had buyers refuse to pay for items , ive had people be nasty when picking up items , ive had people leave it for weeks to pick up or pay after clearly stateing must be picked up within 3 days of auctions end , I recently sold a car but person refused to contact or answer emails and texts admitidly Ebay looked after me and canceled the transaction but the person that done  this still deals on Ebay not only has done it to me i know he has also done it to member recently on  another car. Yet the only way we can comment on his feed back is with a POAITIVE feedback , We nead to be able to leave NEGATIVE feedback for these people to warn other sellars, as the saying goes whats good for the goose is good for the gander !

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Re: Why is it buyers can leave NEGATIVE feedback but sellars can only leave POSITIVE,

Because when sellers were able to give negs to buyers, many of them used it as a retaliatory tool against buyers that left them a well deserved neg.

So, in effect, some of the sellers abused the system and thus eBay removed the option for all sellers. 

Read up on any of the 100's of posts on this subject in the last 5 years for more information.......... 

Yes I agree,  but now sellers are unable to give anything other than positive feedback about buyers. That is just not realistic or fair.

Message 21 of 28
Latest reply

Re: Why is it buyers can leave NEGATIVE feedback but sellars can only leave POSITIVE,

@sapphire-dream wrote:

Because when sellers were able to give negs to buyers, many of them used it as a retaliatory tool against buyers that left them a well deserved neg.

So, in effect, some of the sellers abused the system and thus eBay removed the option for all sellers. 

Read up on any of the 100's of posts on this subject in the last 5 years for more information.......... 

Yes I agree,  but now sellers are unable to give anything other than positive feedback about buyers. That is just not realistic or fair.

They CAN however not leave feedback. Which is only a count for buyers anyway.

Message 22 of 28
Latest reply

Not leaving feedback hardly warns other sellers about an aggressive or abusive buyer.

Message 23 of 28
Latest reply

Perhaps a positive & honest comment like - I am so terribly sorry that this transaction made you feel so infuriated & enraged, I hope you are ok now & have been able to settle down.  Please, please forgive me for any unforseeable error. Cat Wink

Message 24 of 28
Latest reply

@sapphire-dream wrote:

Not leaving feedback hardly warns other sellers about an aggressive or abusive buyer.

Sapphire, you have two options in the case of your (many??) buyers that have caused you problems, first is report them to eBay and the second is to report them to your local police.

Do both of those.

As I have said before a neg on their feedback would not do anything, it will not serve to warn other sellers.

How long does it take before members realise that the NEGS are not there anymore for buyers............because sellers abused the system.........................

6 years or so?????????????????????

Spoiler
sighs with a dot                       >>>>>>>.<<<<<<<

cats, I think you're a fan of negs for buyers, but they didn't work 6 years ago, and they will not work now.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 25 of 28
Latest reply

@colic2bullsgirlore wrote:

Non paying buyer feedback and buyer strikes should be linked.

Upon a strike being issued ebay should put an unemotive $$$ NON PAYING BIDDER feedback on the buyers account.

The blockers could block the lookers could look.

It would also train sellers to issue strikes....so that rather than leave false positives (as many do now) they would be more

likely to "follow the leader" and complete the NPB process.

The sellers and buyers (ie members) that were involved in slinging matches way back when stood out like the dog's

proverbials and I could steer away from both of them by either manually blocking them or because their buyer id was

caught in the NPB filters...

100% with you on that idea colic, all it needs is eBay to open their eyes and look after sellers a bit more.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 26 of 28
Latest reply

padi.0409.0409  You obviously didn't read all of my posts as I did explain that I HAD reported matter to ebay and their only advice was to contact the Police.  Given the abusive buyers had been vervally abusive over the phone, smashing on my front door and swearing at me, all they would have done was to give him a verbal warning.  Hardly worth inflamming the situation given the buyers lived locally.  And when did I say there were many?  There were two that were really bad and that was more than enough for me to stop offering local pick-up.  What is your issue with leaving honest feedback about a buyer? This option was taken away years ago but that doesn't make it right.

Message 27 of 28
Latest reply

The abusive buyers paid - this was not an option.
Message 28 of 28
Latest reply